Goldstackers online price update.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by marneth, Sep 26, 2011.

1. marneth

marneth New Member

Does anyone know when the Goldtackers.com online store stops updating their prices. I was looking at the store tonight and saw the prices for 10 oz bars creeping up until it hit $344.30 for a Perth mint bar. Spot at this time was $30.65 As the price of spot began to fall the bar price remained the same and has not changed for an hour even though spot is now $29.20 The bullion Bourse prices have begun to fall over the same time so I'm wondering why the GS prices haven't also.

Cheers Marneth

2. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Between 5pm and 8am (i.e. overnight) prices have a "floor" of the 5pm close. We can't hedge sales made overnight until the following afternoon.

Any overnight drops in spot will be reflected at 8am. During the day, prices update every 5 minutes, allowing you to "buy the dips" - I have to congratulate a couple of customers who timed their purchases today bang on $27/oz.

This pricing policy is a compromise between being able to update prices according to spot on a regular basis (i.e. every 5 minutes during our east coast business hours), and remaining open for trading 24x7x365. We remained open for trading throughout the entire volatile period over the weekend and today.

4. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

And even though Bullion Bourse prices are still updating they're still more expensive than GoldStackers :)