Gold's future up or down?

Discussion in 'Gold' started by reflection, Feb 21, 2013.

1. reflection

reflection New Member

My (former and still friend) financial advisor called me today to say he has been looking at the Perth Mint web site with an eye to buy gold when it drops as he assumes will happen due to the current consolidation. Stage 3?

In addition to this others are predicting golds future based on this consolidation:

http://smartmoneytracker.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/major-top-in-stocks-major-low-in-gold.html (scroll down for the Gold T-1 chart)
    and
    http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-02-21/gold-sitting-ledge-2-year-support-cliff (it's unclear what this is trying to say)

So which way after consolidation is over? Personally I think endless "money printing" leaves only one option.

2. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

3. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

As Eric Sprot says

The world cant be buying all the physical mine supply per annum, with no real incvrease in production and prices stay low.
    His conjecture is that the western central banks are selling gold into the market at an alarming rate - its the only way the numbers make sense.

4. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

IMO gold will head north again when someone junk-punches George Soros and his hedge fund mates

5. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I think it will go down. Also because the Fed might ease the next QE and, because the charts reflect a bigger distance between the two Bollinger Bands.