Gold price cospiracy

Discussion in 'Gold' started by 797craig, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If the price of gold and silver is being held down artificially, (to promote the use of fiat currency / discredit PMs as a store of wealth).

And if the method being used, is to flood the market from stockpiles to lower the price.

Then it seems like we can buy PMs at the artificially low prices and wait for the stockpiles to diminish to the point that price suppression will no longer work.

If it was being manipulated then when the stockpiles run out, we win. If it isn't being manipulated we still have PMs at market value, we win.

So no harm done.

2. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Actually it acts to create a certain price stability.....

3. 797craig

797craig New Member

Exactly......Im in silver for the long haul....If the price hits 50 dollars in the next 10 years or even 20 I would be very content with my profit and even if it doesn't who cares, I have fun stacking silver and its something to leave to the kids....but if there is some sort of manipulation happening even better...I cant wait:)

4. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Agree.
    Here is my opinion, for what it's worth.
    Hopefully it may induce some thinking and reflection... and discussion. But I have my flame-suit on anyway. :lol:

From my personal observations, most stackers do so with their eye on the main prize, the final end-point.... the to da' moon scenario. For a huge proportion, this is the reason they started buying physical. It is a simple, yet relatively unknown (by the masses) theory surrounding monetisation of debt by governments that leads to skyrocketing PM prices.
    The rhetoric by self-proclaimed experts is so well presented that it seems there can be no other outcome. It is a given. It is not a matter of "if", but just a matter of "when".
    This rhetoric appeals to some for a number of reasons. One commonly observed reason (by me) is it is so simple to understand, it is obvious - this appeals to non-sophisticated investors. This reason also has the added appeal of the chance of being part of a very clever minority (club) at the end-point. And, of-course, the guaranteed (?) financial bonanza waiting at the end.
    Problem is, this expert-rhetoric isolates PM's into the "real money" category ONLY, and fails to address the bigger economic complexities surrounding PM prices which include commodities markets and the complex economics surrounding commodity prices, as well as the complexities of money markets, debt markets, central banking policies etc.

If you study investor psychology, stacking plays out as a pretty good text-book example. Once investors are convinced, and become committed stackers, the text-book examples of the top investor psychology/behavioural concepts start to appear consistently. Human beings are great at rationalising our fears. This includes the fear of being wrong. There is no more repugnant feeling in investing than making a wrong decision - especially when that decision was based on such obviously simple and correct logic. No matter how crazy a feeling is, we are able to create a logical sounding argument which reinforces our own decision. This especially happens to those that become emotionally attached to the investment or theory. Here are a few:

Overconfidence may be the most obvious behavioural concept. This is when you place too much confidence in your ability to predict the outcomes of your investment decisions. Overconfident investors are often underdiversified and thus more susceptible to volatility.
    Anchoring is related to overconfidence. For example, you make your initial investment decision based on the information available to you at the time. Later, you get news that materially affects any forecasts you initially made. But rather than conduct new analysis, you just revise your old analysis. Because you are anchored, your revised analysis won't fully reflect the new information.
    Loss aversion, or the reluctance to accept a loss, can be deadly. For example, one of your investments may be down 20% for good reason. The best decision may be to just book the loss and move on. However, you can't help but think that the investment might comeback. This latter thinking is dangerous because it often results in you increasing your position in the money losing investment. This behaviour is similar to the gambler who makes a series of larger bets in hopes of breaking even.
    Frame dependence is a concept that refers to the tendency to change risk tolerance based on the direction of the market. For example, your willingness to tolerate risk may fall when markets are falling. Alternatively, your risk tolerance may rise when markets are rising. This often causes the investor to buy high and sell low.
    Sometimes your investments lose money. Of course, it's not your fault, right? defence mechanisms in the form of excuses are related to overconfidence. Here are some common excuses:
    I'm right, it's just the market that's wrong.
    This entire fall/rally is all Fed-induced.
    Our strategy is not popular with the masses right now.
    We're not wrong, we're just early.
    Judge me over the full business cycle.
    It's the high frequency trading.
    This is just a minor aberration.
    The market isn't recognizing fundamentals.
    The market is rigged.
    I'm a contrarian.
    I blame the short-sellers.
    Valuations are detached from economic reality.
    Central bank currency manipulation, plain and simple.
    Thanks a lot Obama.
    Bernanke/Yellen/Draghi don't know what they're doing.
    Hyperinflation is right around the corner.
    We're preparing for a depression-like scenario.
    I'm in this for the long-haul.

And the number one excuse that comes up over-and-over again......
    Stacking is just a method of saving for me.
    Why anyone would risk saving in such a volatile market, I do not know.... unless that is not really their motive ;) (in which case go back up to the point about rhetoric and "real money" :p ).

Cheers

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Central bank & other institutions
    - positive figure means total net = selling
    - negative figure means total net = buying
    year / tonnes / average gold price that year
    1997 326 $330.98
    1998 363 $294.24
    1999 477 $278.88
    2000 479 $279.11
    2001 520 $271.04
    2002 547 $309.73
    2003 620 $363.38
    2004 479 $409.72
    2005 663 $444.74
    2006 365 $603.46
    2007 484 $695.39
    2008 235 $871.96
    2009 34 $972.35
    >>> 5592 tonnes gold sold over the period 1997-2009
    2010 -77 $1224.53
    2011 -455 $1571.52
    2012 -544.1 $1668.98
    2013 -386.6(2014Q1) > -409.3(2014Q2) > -625.5 (2015Q1) $1411.23
    2014 -477.2(2014Q4) > -588.0(2015Q1) $1211.71
    >>> 2290 tonnes gold bought over the period 2010-2014

Sell low, buy high.
    Price low, price high.
    No synced' policies? :D

6. SmartyFarty

SmartyFarty Member

Americans have been exporting Dollars for real good for far too long.

People need to wake up to the fact that cash is trash.

Americans are getting a "free lunch" essentially

7. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I decided to dig this up from over a year ago. :D

Nice one champ! :lol:

Skyrocket was right :p

8. Skyrocket

You were wrong :D

I was right ;)

9. wrcmad

Whilst an appropriately sophisticated argumentative retort for a preschool playground, it is also quite fittingly sophisticated for the general conspiracy theorist. :D
    It also highlights Caput's point beautifully. :p

10. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Didn't governments stop manipulation gold, when they got off the gold standard?

11. masmas

masmas New Member

12. wrcmad

13. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I subscribed for something or other, and cancelled before the 30 day trial with no problem and a pleasant response from the woman on the phone. So I'd recommend them on that basis. As for the advice, well that's up to you.

14. Skyrocket

It's not a conspiracy theory anymore. So Caput was wrong.

And there's nothing beautifully about Caput's point, or maybe him too! :p

15. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Jesse's Cafe Americain. Always a good read.

16. wrcmad

Yeah, yeah. I haven't heard that before! :p
    It's like groundhog day.

17. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For any decent sized sovereign fund or Governement, it would be so easy to raise or lower gold prices, why would they even bother manipulating it?

Or is there opposing Governement or secret society having a private battle?

18. randomname

randomname Member

The whole manipulation argument goes much, much deeper than just the documented observations of how it's done versus the CIA psyop of the term "conspiracy theory" to attempt to debunk anything that they do not want people to know about.

As a good first start, read this (it's lengthy but vital):

http://themillenniumreport.com/2016/08/the-history-of-the-house-of-rothschild-1743-2006/

Paper currency issued by private banks is the biggest fraud in history, perpetrated upon the entire world. Every one of you reading this is their victim. At the end of that article it states "There are now only 5 nations on the world left without a Rothschild controlled central bank: Iran; North Korea; Sudan; Cuba; and Libya." Add to that a few nations e.g.: Russia, where the national infrastructure has not yet been "privatised" (read: stolen), or government and resources controlled (Syria) and then you begin to understand what pretty much all the conflict in the world is about.

Edit: Nations without a Rothschild controlled central bank:
    In 2000, Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Cuba, North Korea, Iran.
    In 2003, Sudan, Libya, Cuba, North Korea, Iran.
    In 2011, Cuba, North Korea, Iran.
    Now think back to the timing of Rothschild wars (Washington = their military arm) and who they were against... see anything revealing? How about the years/decades of propaganda and sanctions against them, including the final three? Amazing huh?

Suppressing the "price" of gold and silver, and making the last few generations not even understand the significance of PMs being a store of wealth that cannot be eroded through inflation, is a CRUCIAL part of the private bankers' plan.

Bur remember, these are "nice" bankers we are dealing with, right wrcmad? No manipulation from them. They would not do such a nasty thing.

The manipulation and fraud is far bigger than most people can imagine or ever believe. Even when you put the info right in front of people's faces they vehemently defend the "system" they know based on their own moral way of thinking, while not understanding the evil of the people who designed such system for their own benefit. Precious metals and the internet are their biggest enemies, so use them both wisely and hit them as hard as you can.

19. masmas

masmas New Member

randomname,

Thanks for the history refresher mate :) Yes, I agree that what's been happening in the world today.

But the problem is... if we are buying the phyisical PM and store it at home, what's the strategy then ? We cannot short selling it.

20. wrcmad

I never commented on bankers being nice or not - so insinuate to your heart's content. You can frame this argument as good vs evil as much as you like (with stackers of course being the good world-saviour-heros), but that just falls back into the same old stereotypical permabullsyte rhetoric..... yawn.

IMO, the whole paranoid conspiracy theory focuses solely around PM's being the only substitute for fiat currency - which is laughable. Wealth can be represented by many things, not just gold. Likewise, fiat currency, or monetary base, represents a huge pool of assets - not just gold. That being the case, the ego-centric idea that the evil world-masters target such a relatively small, nothing-too-special PM's market so succinctly to achieve their cause is also has me chuckling.

Sounds like you read too much zeroidea and seekingalfalfa?