Gold nuggets ebay 'Aussie.prospector'

Discussion in 'Gold' started by maxmast3rs, Apr 30, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

i occasionally get them from trusted sources and have handled so many now that i am confident i can tell the real from the fake, keep an eye and i will post some at some point when they come in. just understand that all nuggets are unique and they have characteristics that reflect their origins. their is no hard and fast rule on them but if you get a chance handle some at coin shows, shops etc, you will begin to get a feel for them. plus try to buy from trusted sources, quite a few good operators here who you can trust when they are selling nuggets

adze67 and maxmast3rs like this.
  2. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

I've tried to contact this gay (before buying) many times ,but I've never ever got replied, therefore for me is no buying even is has 100 percent feedback.....

maxmast3rs likes this.
  3. maxmast3rs

maxmast3rs New Member

Cheers mate. Will keep my eyes open.

4. maxmast3rs

maxmast3rs New Member

Same here. Contacted him 3 times. Only replied once when I asked if the nuggets are 100% real. He confirmed. But when I asked for more details he never replies. I assume he just wants to make a quick $ with people. Everything very dodgy. People who bought from him should get an mineral assessment from an expert.

5. the investigator

the investigator New Member

Definitely a deceptive seller(debatedly financial gain by deception) & i will explain in detail how. Please be patient & read in full. A number of folks approached me to investigate this ebay seller. Firstly MOTIVE: Nuggets of high quality appearance & purity can command a premium, nuggets of low quality appearance and/or purity are destined for avenues where no premium appllies. (So aussie.prospector sells nuggets on ebay & implies high purity to gain this premium I have tested the nuggets & they are indeed natural alluvial gold nuggets BUT always test in the 17k's purity & poor appearance) HOW: Implies higher purity by:Has negative feedbacks removed-these always seem to also mention purities in the 17k-18k range So i the discrepancy i found due to Aussie.prospector always listing nuggets weighted to 2 decimal points(meaning 100 potential nugget weights per gram) eg: 5.10g 5.11g 5.12g & so on-aussie.prospector sells nuggets from 5g-60g at least(thats 5500 potential weights). When i scanned feedbacks i found nuggets sold with the exact same weight nugget TWICE in feedbacks a few times-that got my attention. Furthermore its always from the same first buyer so i knew i was onto a scam. Remember aussie.prospector does seperate listings for each nugget so each nugget he gives exact weight & each nugget is individually photographed(no generic pics) & does no refunds EVIDENCE: please all check feedback yourselves to confirm. Buyer is e**m. An example of where the same nugget is sold TWICE after the first purchaser(e**m) leaves positive feedback (please read the feedback it is part of the purity deception) & is subsequently resold to the genuine buyer-check Ebay item numbers 225287543812 & 225287625701. Same weight & definitely same photo. There are more item No.s i could give of double nugget sales always the same first buyer(e**m) , always positive claiming purity etc. Lastly & laughably this seller didnt like paying ebay fees on those false feedback sales on his first false feedback sales so recently resorted to the unusual practise of selling $50 & under nuggets & low & behold whos always the buyer..yep u guessed it e**m Check out the info ive given....get ya nuggets tested....report

madaw1 likes this.
  6. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

^^^
    f*#k me! that can’t be f*#kBay!

Real $ likes this.
  7. Gazza79

Gazza79 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fk me what a wall of text the that was.

Another new member with this one post that brings up this thread again, what happed to the OP of this thread? Mmmm makes me wonder…

Ok if your so concerned about him well buy a lil nugget and do your own test and let us know what happens..

Not just speculation…

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    Real $, adze67 and mmm....shiney! like this.
  8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Cleaning up this thread and closing it. It's up to members to heed this warning or choose to ignore it. There was little value in the deleted posts to determine whether the accusations are justified or not.

If anyone does have dealings in the future with the ebay member in question and wishes to comment on the transaction send me a PM and I'll open the thread again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.