Gold nugget spot price + what %%%

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by Joshtammi, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:

2. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

:lol:

3. Gazza79

Gazza79 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Got myself a handmade sheoak wood case the other day to keep my butter in :D
    [​IMG]
    Slowly but surely it shall be filled :)

4. DSK

DSK Active Member Silver Stacker

just wait till you need to sell....you will be hammered to accept spot less 5%....
    if you get spot, very lucky.....i use to buy prospectors gold at spot, or spot plus....thinking
    of the rarity, but got hammered by all....specially on ss.....so i got rid of all nuggets (all over 5grams and up to half and oz)
    and will not buy again....

regardless of how we all know that nuggets are rare...they are collectors items due to most being melted....
    try and prove what you say....and you will get hammered....i did a trade with a ss that i respect and trade with often.
    and he had pages and pages of info backing up his spot less...well this case was spot less 6%...which i found
    hard to chew....though this guy was on the money and did me a favour as could have gone lower.

with nuggets, you have many people with many different opinions so there is no certainty as same with 999 bullion.
    so if ss people not wanting to pay a dollar over spot for bullion grade bars....why the hell would they pay spot plus 10% for something
    not 999 and unsure if nugg is actually solid...?

If you get spot less 5% when sell. you have done well....but expect at least spot less 10% on a good day with more than one bidder.

I had several horrible price discovery moments when i thought my half ouncer was rarer than a diamond.

I only kept one specimen........a rare wire gold piece in the shaped of a smile....and two little dot nuggs for eyes....
    been thinking of making it my avartar for ages now.....gotta do it now//

in the bush prospectors only get spot less 20-10% from refiners...even if they are land owners...even if they live
    in hargraves, hill end...even if they are repeat customers to refiner...its in there best interest to at least sell some at
    a so called premium over 999 bullion, when they know its not the case.

if it was me, i wouldnt say that by my sg testing it would appear to be 22crt....if you are a company you are exposing your self to liability
    when its proven to be less...i would have some one else test and give me a paper report stating the scientific qualities..

5. hankS

hankS New Member

Given how easy it is to melt gold and drip some out onto charcoal to make high purity "nuggets" its crazy to pay significantly over spot. But of course if its a nice shape some people will pay extra - thats the difference between collectors and investors.

"The colour of gold, is gold. Thats why its called gold" - Blackadder II

6. DSK

.....i needed to sell a nugget only in Jan 2015.....
    it was the best offer and it was not spot....main thing...that several people started saying "facts"
    which i could not go against as i did not have a machine to test...and yes, thanks to xxx-namexxx even tho i didnt not get close to what i thought..
    i still had to pay rego and needed cash...and xxx-name-xxx made the best offer which i accepted.he did what any buyer does...he negotiated on my price.
    he put his money where his mouth is. and accepted.

so you will not get spot when you need to sell. unless you have it refined, made into a bar stamp 999 from a well know bullion co
    unless you can 100% prove its solid and very pure....

Rule of thumb i learnt....that east gold highest.....when you start moving west the purity goes down....thats globally...
    go west from perth to usa...and usa gold less pure.

2015-01-21 01:56:31
    xxx-name-xxx)

Website
    Hey mate,
    (xxxxname of ss memberxxxxx)decided to have a go cause apparently my comment was misleading in that ALL nuggets are at least xx carat. IMO I still think he's wrong and he would be hard pressed to find any nugget in Australia under 18ct but who knows I could be wrong as well. Ive just never seen or heard of anything under 18ct in W.A and nuggets here are less pure than QLD/VIC nuggets.
    Anyways to the point, ill offer $775 for it anyways if you get no other takers and still need to sell.
    Cheers

I BLANKED OUT NAMES OF SS MEMBER WHO LOW BALLED ME AND THE NAME OF THE SS MEMBER HE REFERS TO: as this was
    a private message and i have not asked permission to let this be common knowledge. I do not wish to harm any ones reputation.
    i copied and pasted from my in box to show that in my experience on ss.....that regardless of what you get told....when you sell you will be
    low balled...I hope the mm member who has posted comments realise that they low balled and now saying opposite.just for karma sake

7. DSK

Correct, you can not justify premium over spot 999 bullion for something not pure and cant be said if solid.

Before people start going on about sg.....sg is a range, and when done on something so small as grams....you will not notice other impurities
    like if you were testing some thing much larger...i use to sg all the time when i studied gem stone at the GAA in sydney...
    even then, its very hard to get 100% accuracy....like any prudent scientist, investor, DO NOT RELY on one test...you will fail.

have seen over and over on ss that people all over the country perform sg test and such a such reading gives me this...and now i tell
    people its pretty much a fact.....
    and ebayyyy...people stop using ebay as a pricing source...or if do say ebay less 15% to cover fees and chargers,,,,if not very misleading....

You may as well go and work for N.A.S.A and tell the world there is water flowing on mars...by theory, though you have a rover 50km
    away from so called water....now cmon...if you want to back it up...show test two, three...ect...so in case of N.A.S.A send the bloody rover to check
    it out....in case of gold....dont believe i did a sg test and its this....how was test done...did they use a gem lab? what was
    the temp of the water? was there a glass covering so to make a vacuum type of seal....if no to any, test is wrong..
    Just like if you get a thermometer to test the weather, you have to do it in a certain way, and not just say...well this thermometer says the temp is 69 behind
    closed doors....and 96 in the shed.

8. DSK

Hi Argle,

Silver stacker community is built on respect....

Follow the golden rule and the rule that common law is founded on.

Treat others the way you wish to be treated.

this source talks frequently of the term........butter gold...term gives a picture of high quality.

But with your 40 years experience....I urge you to contact HNAI with your opinions and also tell HNAI
    on a public online forum that they are talking gibberish and that they are pretenders...I urge you.
    and see what such an entity would do being slandered in the way you have slandered a member of this community.

In case you havent heard of the The World's #1 Numismatic Dealer & Auctioneer please let them know of your opinion

http://coins.ha.com/

In this auction.....butter gold comes up a lot......
    HNAI Heritage Auctions US Coin Auction Catalog #1127

https://books.google.com.au/books?i...eiyAIVQxqmCh153QUn#v=onepage&q=butter&f=false

You are able to back track very easily on ss by retracting sweeping statements and apologies.

Note; i was a securities pricing analyst and asset pricing analyst for major australian fund mangers and major global
    custodian banks. Try telling me i talk gibberish and see how far i take your slander.