Gold Lunar Goat?

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by dccpa, Sep 10, 2014.

1. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The 1oz gold lunar goats my friends and I ordered arrived yesterday. All of the coins have a halo around the Queen's head. The only other time I have seen this type of halo was the 2010 1oz silver Takus. Wondering whether I should send the coins back to Apmex for an exchange or refund. Anyone else notice this issue with their McGoats?

2. Yendor

Yendor Member

My 2013 Kangaroos have a slight halo around the queens head. I just thought it was normal for gold coins?

3. clear

clear Well-Known Member

yes can confirm the 1/2 oz gold has similar, I'm not stressed its a bullion coin and the Goat image is perfect.

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Please post a few high quality images. :)

5. Gazza79

Gazza79 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My 1oz and 1/2oz gold Snakes has abit of a halo to..

6. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I just bought my first digital camera, so we will see if I can do a decent coin photo. But it will be after the 15th before I can take the time to learn how to do anything other than point and shoot. The fact that all 5 coins had halos is a bad sign.

7. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Funny dccpa, I just got my 1 ounce SILVER Goat coin in (Perth Mint), and I took out my horse coin, and the 2014 kook, and showed my wife...and I respect her taste of things, and I said which one do you like the best? Mind you, I haven't said anything to her about what I thought regarding this year's lunar. And she knows I have a 'ton' of horses of all different flavors (Perth Mint). And she goes, I really like the goat the best. :))) I said why and she went on to point out all the reasons, from the branches to the 'hair' details, etc...I may be a buyer after all. :)

8. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Welcome to the darkside Luke. :lol: You better respect your wife's taste as she chose you. :)

I didn't track the 1oz proof horses when they first came out, but I noticed three ebay Goat proof sales ranging from $82-97. A similar search showed no sales for the regular horse proof. The high relief horse proofs had a lower average sale price than the regular goat proof.

Anyone else notice that silver is holding up much, much better than gold today. The new Prime Minister of India does not like gold and is doing whatever he can to get Indians to stop buying it. I hope we are not seeing one of the world's largest gold buying economies switching to fiat.

Doubt that I will take a picture of the halo goats. I have already contacted Apmex about an exchange. The camera didn't come with a memory card, so it only took about 10-12 shots of my rent house to fill up the camera memory and with no way to transfer the photos from the camera, it won't be taking any more photos until I add memory or transfer the photos. I had computer problems the other day and system restored my computer to back before the camera software was installed. Until the 16th, I am not risking any more changes to my computer. If the Apmex return is delayed until Tuesday, I will empty the camera and take a photo.

9. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Update

The replacement gold goats arrived today. Different looking halo, but still a halo on the Queen side of the coin. :( Not worth sending them in again and I don't know if I will get any more of the gold goats.