Gold looks vulnerable

Discussion in 'Gold' started by ReturnToZero, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ReturnToZero

ReturnToZero New Member

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2011/09/gold-looks-vulnerable/

BTFD. I will squeal in delight like a little girl if it drops 30%

My thoughts are if you are holding - don't sell incase QE3 comes early, but don't buy incase it doesn't and it corrects (BTFD instead when it does). Sitting pretty!

2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If gold drops 30% China will be like a gold Black Hole, sucking up every ounce that becomes available.

3. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Depends where you are.
    If the USD rises on safe haven,gold will fall in USD.
    But its likely it will rise in AUD or at least ,not fall half as much,I think.
    That is ,a rise in USD means a fall in AUD.
    So a fall in gold in USD is not so severe in AUD.

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It still amazes me that the USD is seen as a safe haven.

5. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

In an economic crisis people sell everything.They convert to cash.
    International trade has to be conducted through the International trade currency.
    So when there is a crisis there is big demand for USD and it rises.
    So USD is a safe haven in crisis,not because people like it ,but because of this mechanism.
    Or so I understand.Can anyone elaborate?

6. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I purchased PHYS & DGP this morning with gold at about $1813, so I am betting the author of the report is wrong. We shall see. Hard to see a 30% when we are barely into the seasonally strong period for gold.

7. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Its not a safe haven; its just the only currency that can absorb the liquidity coming from those exiting the Euro. And unlike the Swiss Franc which is much too small and hence appreciates too much which leads to the inevitable central bank smackdown the USD has the size and heft or a "bigger box" so to speak that it can fit in more unlike smaller currencies such as the Swissie. Some speak of increasing gold/silver price volatility its not gold/silver being volatile, its the currencies being volatile and this being reflected in the gold/silver prices. Gold and silver are stable as turd.

8. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

Gold and silver are stable as turd.

I now have this picture in my mind of a disintegrating, diminishing pile.......... :(

9. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

Off topic - Speaking of turds, I've been meaning to ask, when you guys flush a toilet in Australia, which way does the water flow? I've been told it's in the opposite direction of northern hemisphere toilets, is that true?

:D :D

10. Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey Active Member

Venturi principle...
    :D

11. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Ya know, I've never seen a toilet create a nice vortex before. Looks more like chaos. My sink water flows counter-clockwise.

12. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

"He who has the gold makes the rules"

My theory is that the finanical system is structured around and for the "elite"
    and will happen in a way for them to benefit the most

The "elite" have been syphoning the "rights" to (at least) if not outright stockpiling the gold
    while the world has been distracted by and floundering in fiat trying to amass paper as a representation of wealth that's why central banks store gold and not paper
    because it is for the benefit of their "shareholders" and no one else

13. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Diablo, I saw something on the Today Show where Al Roker was in Ecuador and was testing out that theory. His question being that since Ecuador was on the equator, which way would the water flow. The answer was something mundane like it depended upon which way the water shot into the bowl.

14. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not sure. I get distracting by the bobbing floating bits which don't always go down and want to keep resurfacing. I'll pay better attention to the water direction next time.

15. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Let's all take videos of toilet flushes and compare and settle this once and for all with empirical evidence. We'll need both north and south hemispheres. No bobbing floating bits in the videos please.

16. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

systemic wrote

Now this is something I am really beginning to believe more and more as I watch the gold price fluctuating - the gold price can be manipulated any way THEY want it simply by margin calls, sudden announcements like that made recently by the Swiss central bank etc and the silver price even more so!
    I am just hoping that eventually something will happen to make prices more stable and less able to be manipulated but I just don't see it on the horizon at the moment!

17. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

When I went to Australia they only had the stupid half flush so its more like shooting a bear turd with a gun, which is also fun!

18. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Hahahaha thats priceless ..... its got a full flush option aswell for turds.. half flush when you have a leak full flush for turds ...Your welcome :p:

19. systematic

Who Owns Most of the World's Gold?

4% of the World Controls 12.6% of the Gold
    By Luke Burgess Tuesday, August 30th, 2011

"The top ten largest owners of gold in the world are reported to control a total of 24,258.3 tonnes, or over 855 million ounces. At current spot prices, this gold would be worth approximately $804.35 billion and represents about 15.4% of all the gold ever mined."

http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/who-owns-worlds-gold/2491

20. systematic

Who Runs The World And Controls The Value Of Assets?
    By Joan Veon 1-29-7

http://www.rense.com/general75/wrus.htm

" ... only five countries in the world are without a central bank: Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Cuba and Libya "

"In short, this newsletter is about power to control and power to determine value. This letter by no means exhausts the topic. It would take a sizeable book to discuss other powerful families, like the Rockefellers, the Schiffs, the Morgans, the DuPonts, the Astors, the Li's from China, and the British royal family, in addition to the Carnegies, Mellon's, and Vanderbilts."

"Who controls value?" we see one name: Rothschild. When we want to discuss the value of gold -- it is set by the Rothschilds on a daily basis. When we want to discuss the value of oil -- they own one of the largest oil companies in the world. And, when we want to discuss interest rates, they are one of the controlling families that own the Federal Reserve Bank, with equally great power over the Bank of England."

"Today the Rothschild's are worldwide, involved in investment banking, debt-related financing, restructuring, privatization, equity capital markets, oil and gas, mining, mergers and acquisitions, and private placements. Some of the deals include convertible preferred stock for the Chicago Climate Exchange; restructuring for France Telecom, Rio Tinto, Euro Disney, and Vivendi; debt advisory to Royal Ahold, Texas Pacific Group, and South African Airways; and privatization for Beijing Capital International Airport, the Government of Peru, the Government of Chile, the Government of Denmark, Air Portugal, and the Philippines National Transmission Company. Oil and Gas include acquisitions in Royal Dutch Petroleum, Petrochemical and gas stations by Sinopec, and Xstrata. Regarding mergers and acquisitions, out of the top investment banks by country Rothschilds rank #4 in France, #1 in the UK, #4 in Germany, #1 in Italy, #7 in Australia, #2 in Latin America and #9 in Spain. The Rothschilds have banks all over the world, providing a seamless connection worldwide. They operate three different banks in the UK, besides Frankfurt, Zurich, Moscow, and North America, as well as, banks in Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Asia, and South Africa."

"There is nothing in this world that is not affected by the supreme power of a few major families worldwide."