Gold Detector / Prospecting - Who's doing it?

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by Squiggles, Oct 16, 2012.

1. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gold Detector / Prospecting - Who's doing it? Unfortunately not me! I bought an as new Minelab 3000, extra battery, covers, signal enhancer, headset etc with big plans approx 2 yrs ago for a little over $3000. I still haven't gotten away from family/kids. Don't think I will either. Looks like I'm best off selling and sticking to just the family/kids. However as THUCYDIDES79 correctly points out, that's as good as gold anyhow. :)

2. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Near enough to factory settings , but ground balance on fixed with constant ground balance adjustment with top button. If you use auto track ! contacts will tend to cancel each other.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I bought a 2nd hand Minelabs Xterra about a year back and found enough in the local parks around me to make back the investment (in dollars) about 5 times over.

But the time spent doing this made it a poor investment financially, but a great one for my fitness levels.

If you love fishing, you'll probably love prospecting. It feeds the same base instinct in us to hunt.

4. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The fishing is no problems. I have the tinny for both fish and crabs. I also have a little Bounty Hunter 1V to chase around the parks, beach, backyard. The Minelab though is a serious piece of investment for serious prospecting. I would not do it justice in my back yard so best left for the person in a better position to really use the machine properly.

5. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I stopped at the 3500 but my mate's got the 4500 though he hardly uses it.

REDBACK