Germania Beasts: Fafnir

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Trinkets, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Germania Mint will be releasing the first of their Germania Beasts series "Fafnir" in August. Originally, they had two variants announced (1 oz silver BU with 25k mintage and Geminus 2 x 1 oz Limited Edition with 500 mintage) but they've added a third variant: 2 oz Silver BU with 999 mintage. From their description: the new 2 oz has ultra double high relief (4 mm on the Obverse and 2 mm on the Reverse) and the Fafnir dragon has been covered with a "Chameleon" special effect that makes the dragon’s skin shimmer in different colours in the light.

I was luke warm on the issue initially, but I like the 2 oz. Some shots below, but there's a nice video showing the relief.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sully and Bosse68 like this.
  2. Sully

Sully Member

These guys are certainly doing some interesting stuff. I liked Germania, skipped Allegories, and i think i will go for this one.

3. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

I'm a fan of theirs, but I think each second issue of their series is never as good as the first. IMO there is always something a little off with their follow-ups: look at Warriors: Ariowit ("veiny") and Germania 2020 ("cartoon cleavage").

I was a potential pass on Fafnir, but I like the 2 oz.

4. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I’m a pass. :eek: