German 7% VAT rate on silver coinage

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by ArthGoch, Oct 11, 2013.

1. ArthGoch

ArthGoch New Member

Think this question will be most applicable to UK/EU posters.

Read on an earlier post that the long awaited harmonization of VAT levels, and where by Germany will increase its rate from 7% to circa 20%, is due for introduction the begining of the next year. Have had a look around the net and cannot find any definitive confirmation that this is the case.

Can anyone advise if the applicable legislation was passed and that as of Jan 1st of next year we will see the new rates being applied

Thanks in advance

ArthGoch

2. Blasterhjal

Blasterhjal New Member

3. ArthGoch

ArthGoch New Member

Thank you for your time Blasterhjal.This is the thread that I alluded to in my earleir post.

I work with some German nationals and have asked for their take on the Assistance Implementation Act , S. 44, 12, and as per the german government website. From additional German sources they believe, and as stated, this relates to amongst other things art pieces and such like. They believe that curency, both bullion and coinage is not mentioned as they believe that any such legislation would be specific to fiscal regulations etc.

I too had this email from the German retailer as mentioned, but he was unable to provide additional source/or clarification. As alluded to in the thread was this a marketing ploy?

It is clear that the 19% is on its way - it is just wheather or not this will be exempted for one more year or not.

If anyone has got any additional clarity on this point i would be grateful for their measured and informed insight.

Thank you