Genesis 47 Plan

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by JulieW, Mar 4, 2015.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Money Morning has been promoting videos of its Genesis 47 plan. Kris Sayce has prepared a longish presentation about the future of Superannuation in Australia.

You sign up for the link but it's worth a listen.

http://www.moneymorning.com.au/20150304/genesis-47-government-super-grab-accelerating.html

More at the link.

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Longish?! You are having a laugh! Bloody thing goes on for hours and is mostly repetition.

Not that I disagree with anything he was saying, but he said it over and over again, and again.

And is just a really long sales pitch for his subscription service, the free advice you get to fix all the things he mentions is only available when you sign up for the subscription. But you don't hear that until the end, I assume it was at the end, I switched it off after that.

He does make interesting points though, but not sure if I want to sit through that again, if he came to your house you would pay anything to get him to leave by the end of the presentation.

3. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Joseph went and told Pharaoh, "My father and brothers, with their flocks and herds and everything they own, have come from the land of Canaan and are now in Goshen." 2 He chose five of his brothers and presented them before Pharaoh.

3 Pharaoh asked the brothers, "What is your occupation?"

"Your servants are shepherds," they replied to Pharaoh, "just as our fathers were." 4 They also said to him, "We have come to live here for a while, because the famine is severe in Canaan and your servants' flocks have no pasture. So now, please let your servants settle in Goshen."

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The unions need to be banned from any involvement with Super funds. Talk about putting an organised crime syndicate in charge of the treasury....

5. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Let's get the flock out of here!

6. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Latest from Money Morning.
    Possibly of interest to those with super obligations. I'd suspect that it would be more difficult to get at assets in an SMSF than by registered letter to an industry fund.

Of course the pollies could also listen to Jim Rickards and create a Bond program to fund infrastructure but that's probably too radical for most. Thieving is much more traditional.

7. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

In Wyndham? Seriously? Why don't you just steal everyones' super to pay junkies on the dole to dig holes and fill them in again, 'creating jobs'.

8. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, uh, well, it kinda depends on how much revenue that toll road brings in, doesn't it?

If MacBank bought it for $30 billion and their costs were higher than the profit, it would have been a shit investment for MacBank.

If IFM subsequently bought the same road with the same traffic volumes for $7.5 billion and their costs are lower that the profit - which is entirely possible with such a lower valuation - it'll be a good deal for IFM.

What isn't mentioned is that the guy heading up IFM, Garry Weaven, said they bought that road in the US because they can't find enough Australian infrastructure to invest their members' funds in, even though they'd prefer to invest the money locally.

He also said that - and this is important -
    The money is there, it's our idiot politicians and their planning lackeys that can't get their shit together and figure out what needs to be built and where. Our long term infrastructure pipeline is being run by people on 3 year contracts with renewal dependent on who can kiss electoral arse the best.

Here's an actual article with actual information on that deal: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-12/industry-funds-lament-lack-of-local-infrastructure/6309276

Yet another cherry picking exercise by Money Morning.

9. Lord_Dudley

Lord_Dudley Active Member Silver Stacker

Has anyone downloaded the Exodus Initiative mentioned by Kris Sayce? Would you please share some of the tips?

Thanks

LD

10. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bump..
    Anyone downloaded it yet?

11. markc

markc Member

Has anyone got through the video yet? :D

12. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

well I was totally sucked in by the "FREE E BOOK AT THE END OF THIS PRESENTATION" and there was no such thing.... only an annual subscription to GET the free book and then I would have to cancel it.

Totally fake.... Loss of trust. It is all about $$$$ for him and it works.

If anyone wants to email me this free ebook (or better post it here, he did say on the record that it was FREE) go ahead.

Shiny

13. Gilligan

Gilligan Active Member

Not so much the Genesis 47 plan, but has anyone downloaded the exodus plan for super protection? Can anyone share it please?

14. zedstrange

zedstrange Member

I got it, I send you a copy for $10?

Nothing in it I didn't know already, I think every goldstackers would be the same

15. Gilligan

Gilligan Active Member

Yeah, ok, cheers. Was just curious as to what he was spruiking.

16. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can't take people that use 'folks' seriously

17. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He does use it a lot, however it is not a bad choice, it is not age or gender specific and can be used for large or small groups when the individuals within the group are not known. Plus it is a way of lumping all the different groups into one enemy, instead of calling out the central planners, the central bankers, the unions and the government or whoever separately, he can call each group 'the folks who want to..." and then it can help keep the narrative flowing without the audience having to keep a cast of characters straight in their heads.

My only objection is was the repetitiveness of the whole thing, I could have been a two minute talk with "Buy my subscription!" at the end of it, but instead it went on for ages, I got the message but maybe he thought that he could wear me down and by the end of it I would be happy to buy his vacuum cleaner just to get him out of my house, because that is what his presentation reminded me of. And it lost all credibility to me because he wasn't upfront about the whole thing, claiming it was free but not mentioning that you had to buy a subscription to get it. I don't mind paying for stuff.

18. AndyNo

AndyNo New Member

Hi all.

The above so called "free" book is a classic bait-and-switch tactic. As far as I know, it is actually illegal
    under Australian law. It would be very interesting to see what the relevant authorities would think
    about that......

The individual and company concerned are based in Melbourne, but appear to be a franchise of
    an American company who offer the same "Free" content if you pay them a subscription. Usually
    you will get 5 free "publications" once you pay.

Their offers all are verbose and never run to less than 28 pages, but more often than not
    40 pages is the norm. As another person on this list said, it is highly repetitive. I suppose they think
    that if they bore the reader to death you will subscribe out of sheer brain washed numbness.

If you google the parent organisation "Palm Beach" asssociates
    all will be revealed.
    Basically it is a business model based on verbose scare tactics - Chicken Little stuff.

Palm Beach seems to have an apparently endless number of sub-companies, all pedalling
    financial advice, quite often one contradicts another. That way they cover all bases and all
    possible financial investments.
    One will tell you to buy precious metals, another will tell you only idiots do that - all
    coming from the same source.

The Melbourne off-shoot does the same, they claim that they have an internal office policy
    of independence and that each (snake oil) salesman presents their own research and view.
    Yeah, right.
    That way, they can always highlight one particular messiah in their office who accurately
    predicted X and fail to mention all those who didn't, the particular messiah changes to
    suit the outcome.
    They are so lazy, that quite often they forget to change the wording sufficient to Australianise
    their various "latest threat to your wealth" scares and leave in such giveaways as "your
    congressman", "folks" and other Yank specific terms. I suppose it is really tedious to have to
    Australianise 40 pages of waffle!

Regards
    Andy

19. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Great idea ~!! I know what we will do, give it all to the banks and they can invest it in Derivatives, and its gone. :) Surely you jest if you want the likes of Goldaman Sachs. J.P. Morgan to look after your super.

The only safe way to look after your super IMO IS DO IT YOURSELF. :)

Regards Errol43