Gairsoppa 10 oz bar

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Hellcat6, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

I just got a couple of these bars from Modern Coin Mart. Don't have any pictures but a quick search should find them plus they are on eBay now. Read up on the history of this shipwreck silver. The Royal Mint is cranking out the 1/4 oz coins and so far the only other product from the recovered ingots are these serial numbered bars stamped out by Sunshine Minting in the US. There is about a $75 US premium on the bar which I may never get back but the history behind the silver and owning something that was under 3 miles of water for 70 years hooked me. Each bar has a serial number and a COA, they are quite nice, check them out! As I said, premium may be too high but I really don't care, these are keepers for me!

2. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

Thanks but one is about the 1/4 oz rounds and I didn't want to hijack someone's thread with talk about bars. The other one is in the more generic "silver" forum which some may not frequent, I know that I don't. This is intended to be about the bars and I believe that posting it here is appropriate to spark discussion. If the admins don't agree I'm sure they will remove it.