Gainsville International Shipping now $75

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by silversardine, May 11, 2011.

1. silversardine

silversardine Member

Thought about ordering from Gainsville last night and was shocked to see shipping has gone up again to $75, plus the per ounce fee. If I recall correctly it was $60 not too long go and that was up from $50 last year. I remember APMEX had the per ounce fee as well - but now Gainsville have it as well. Perhaps they always did but it slipped my mind. Forgot to go and check APMEX to see if they had changed too.

Unless a big order is placed it is now becoming uneconomical to buy from them. And with the big order you also need to add the import fee as well. A $2000 order would still average out at over $50 per thousand but is a bit better. But since I have already spent quite a bit lately, I didn't want to go overboard and didn't go ahead with my under $1000 order. Guess there is no shortage of customers for them, so they won't miss it!

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

In Jan it was $50 plus 25c ounce. My guess is a weaker USD and rising fuel costs - basically first hand signs of price inflation.

3. Loxmyf

Loxmyf Member

When I bought 25 Wolves in September, I paid $3.36 per coin for freight, including bank transfer fees.

When I bought 20 Eagles in March, I paid $5.24 per coin. I was planning to sell the Eagles to buy the Grizzlys but discovered I could have bought the Eagles from BB, and pay 60c per coin freight.

Guess where I bought the Grizzlys from :)

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

It only works out cheaper if you buy in bulk then the savings are good

5. Anonymous4444

Anonymous4444 New Member

I agree, I've only just started stacking, so starting with smaller quantities. I can't justify their ($80?) postage for the 20 or so coins that I wanted... I guess you'd need to go past their $2,000 requirement and pay by card to see the real savings?

Peace

6. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

No pay by bank transfer .Card is more expensive. Ozforex has the best exchange rates