FZO - Family Zone IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by miniroo, Aug 27, 2016.

1. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Family Zone is a cloud based parental control thingy that attaches to a modem and controls what children view online through any device.

The stock gets listed on Monday at 12pm, IPO was 20c per share and I think this could be a good one to make a little profit, maybe a quick bag to take back your money and let the rest ride.
    don't think it'll be as crazy as A3D was but I think it's a good gamble because of the potential for the product to do very well.

Total shares on issue post IPO 51M
    Raising $4M (20,000,000 shares at 20c)
    Valuation at IPO $10M

anyways, if you got nothing much to do over the weekend then take a look at the prospectus, let us know what you think and maybe we'll be in for a quick little bag or two next week.

https://www.familyzone.com/investor

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGwWtTgFamA[/youtube]

2. SteveS

SteveS Member

I haven't time at the moment to go through the prospectus, but does it include a marketing plan? This would be the key for me. The pan has to be more than a sales and advertising calendar though - I'd want to see how much these folks know about their target clients and market, including direct and indirect competitors, plus where technologies of this type are headed.

On the subject of internet filtering technology, how do these things (and other similar technologies) recognise website content and filter it? It sounds to me like something the web ninjas would be able to bypass pretty quickly.

3. miniroo

30 minutes to go, looks like it will open at 25c, I'm #5 in the queue
    let's see if tonight's dinner will be steak or toast

4. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Tread carefully with this one chap... the idea's ok but it needs corporate/school endorsement & contracts. I can't see all those Dads & Mums having to set their unblocked list for anything rated over MA15 personally...

5. miniroo

Well my order come through @ 25c each, let's see what happens by end of the day

6. miniroo

made $240 for the day on this, didn't seem to be too much interest in it and thought what the heck, i'll get out as i'm not really convinced on it.
    so sold @ 27c, still better then nothing I guess.

Tomorrow everyone will probably want it and it doubles in price but i'm still happy to get groceries payed for the week.