Full list of Perth Lunar Tiger Silver coins (1 & 1/2 oz)?????

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by Kirk, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Kirk

Kirk Member

Hello everyone,

been thinking of putting together a set of lunar coins for my daughter that was born last year ... looking for 1 oz and 1/2 oz silver ... been researching (with Elemental's help) and wanted to see if the list below is correct ... thanks so much

2010 (Tiger) - Type I - 1 oz silver bullion
    2010 (Tiger) - Type I - 1 oz silver proof
    2010 (Tiger) - Type I - 1 oz silver gilded

2010 (Tiger) - Type I - 1/2 oz silver proof
    2010 (Tiger) - Type I - 1/2 oz silver proof ... from 3 coin (2, 1, 1/2 oz) set)

2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1 oz silver bullion
    2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1 oz silver proof
    2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1 oz silver coloured
    2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1 oz silver coloured ... released in China
    2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1 oz silver gilded
    2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1 oz typeset (one of each - bullion, proof, specimen coloured, gilded)

2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1/2 oz silver bullion
    2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1/2 oz silver proof ... from 3 coin (2, 1, 1/2 oz) set
    2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1/2 oz silver coloured
    2010 (Tiger) - Type II - 1/2 oz silver specimen coloured ... from the Post Office

anything missing????

Cheers,

Kirk

2. Elemental

Elemental Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi Kirk

I have copied in three links to mintage information from the Perth Mint site. Probably the best way to see what was released.

This is a link to the numismatic mintage for 2010 and you will see proof info (from the Perth Mint Site) - http://www.perthmint.com.au//documents/2010_Perth_Mint_Numismatic_Coins.pdf

This is a link for bullion mintages for Series 1 http://www.perthmint.com.au//docume...nar_Silver_Bullion_Series_One_1999_-_2010.pdf

Series 2 http://www.perthmint.com.au//docume...nar_Silver_Bullion_Series_Two_2008_-_2010.pdf

If you check through those you will see all of the coins minted.

Happy hunting!

3. Kirk

Kirk Member

thanks ... those were very helpful ... made updates above

... I though I had seen a Series I coloured Tiger somewhere, but must not have been ... it still gets a bit confusing with the specimens at the Post Office and special orders like the 2012 1/2 dragon proof to Russia

on a related note ... if the sales are less than the mintage limit will the mint produce again (in the current series cycle)? ... for example, the Series II 1oz Lunar Silver Coloured Tiger Coin has sales of only 57,912 with a mintage limit of 170,000 but the Perth website shows "sold out"

Cheers

4. Elemental

Elemental Active Member Silver Stacker

This is a similar question asked to one in another thread (by me). I asked if the mint is able to go back and mint gilded coins from earlier year (like the 1oz gilded mouse). In the end the response was that the mint is able to mint upto the mintage limit for the current series (S1 is locked in). So technically they are able to produce the earlier year coins (like the coloured and gilded tiger) but they probably wouldn't do so unless they specifically received a large order for them.