FS : Australian Pre-Decimal Currency Lot 75+ Coins - Offers!

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by PureAg, May 24, 2023.

1. PureAg

PureAg Member

Hi all,

Over the years with stacking and metal detecting I've been able to uncover a lot of Australian pre-decimal currency in Silver.

As per the photos below, I'm looking to offload the following as one single lot :

(Pre-1946 - 92.5% Silver) :

11 x Threepence
    3 x Sixpence
    3 x Shilling
    25 x Florin
    8 x Crown

(Post War - 1946 Onwards - 50% Silver) :

8 x Florin
    11 x Shilling
    4 x Sixpence
    3 x Threepence

1 Collectable Perth Mint 1oz Silver coin with small coins embedded.

I'm NOT looking at this sale from a numismatic exercise (except the last one which retails around the $75 - $100 mark atm)

I don't know if any of these coins are collectables or rares, I'm just looking to trade them on current stock value at a fair price. If you buy this and pull out a diamond, then more power to you!

As you can see, some of them have been cleaned up, some are just as if they've come out of the earth where they were found years later by me :D

Honestly, I don't know what would be a fair price for this lot so I'm asking the community here (who knows this stuff better than me!) what a fair price is to ask for and based on that price, if anyone would be interested in buying it.

No, I don't want to break this up. I'm just looking to sell the lot as a single lot, so don't ask :D

Note - This isn't an auction. This is a price temperature check followed by (hopefully) a sale to someone here at fair market value.

Trade_6.jpg Trade_6b.jpg Trade_6c.jpg Trade_66.jpg

Sale Notes :
    • Sales to Australian Residents Only
    • Sales must be paid for & confirmed before shipping
    • Postage is done via Australia Post Express Post satchels by default (You will get a tracking number when it's sent, Platinum Express Post is offered on request - add $5)
    • Packing is done with care, wrapped with rain proof packing & bubble wrap
    • Where possible (and when Australia Post is open) shipping will done same day that payment is confirmed received.

If there are any further questions, please feel free to reach out via PM to discuss.

Otherwise first one that jumps in with a fair offer (and some verification it's a fair trade) will secure the deal.

Thanks for looking!

2. PureAg

PureAg Member

The amazing Mr Chip was able to send me over to https://www.australian-coins.com/silver-calculator/australian-silver-coin-values/ to check the melt value of the lot

In Aud I got Total Silver Weight: 19.0546 oz (AU$682.71)

Melt.JPG

Adding in the Numi collectable, we're looking around $750 for everything (unless I'm mistaken?)

Would anyone care to make an offer at this level or ONO to secure the trade?

As mentioned, I'm fine to work with the community on this one. I'm just after a fair price and I'll be happy.

Be sure to add $13 for Regular Express Post Delivery with Tracking, or $18.50 if you want Platinum Express that requires a signature.

Thanks all.

Shlomo Goldberg likes this.
  3. Genghicat

Genghicat Active Member

Sent PM

4. PureAg

PureAg Member

Replying now, temp Buzz Hold in place for Genghicat

Genghicat likes this.
  5. PureAg

PureAg Member

This lot is now sold all, thanks for looking!

BelfastChild likes this.