Friendly Interesting Thread

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by inmizu, Aug 6, 2020.

1. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

I came to cryptos from libertarian politics; but the relatively apolitical nature of the crypto scene has been something of a disappointment.
    Meanwhile, bullion bugs seem to be far more clued in to Big Picture Stuff.

#Will the U.S. election spark drama whichever way it goes?

#Have world gubmints not just overstepped the mark COVID-wise, but now clearly overstepped the mark?

#Anyone have thoughts on COVID-inspired Zupa-Bigged-Up Stimoolus?

#???

Is 42-coin a thing of splendour?

2. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Interesting back story!

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Fixed it for you.

I hadn't heard of 42 Coin before, but I do know a Hendo who was (is) a programmer who got me into Douglas Adams novels back in the 80's. We used to practice trying to fly by distracting each other as we jumped into the surf at Burleigh. I'll ask him if it was his idea.

inmizu likes this.
  4. mmm....shiney!

My mate said it wasn't him. As if you'd own up to it anyway? :p

66rounds likes this.
  5. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

The memory is sharp; but I checked the map: in the late 70's, in my first years of hitching adventures, there used to be a bench on the very point of the bush reserve above Tallebudgera (Burleigh). I used to shower in the cold-water council shower-blocks; walk up to the headland; and sleep behind the bench. And even though I was a callous dumb-as-porridge youth, being woken at 4:05 a.m. by that Big Ol' Hot Yellow Ball of Sun was a cool thing.

And we surfed Burleigh Heads:
    [​IMG]
    And it was '80 or '81 -- we were coming home from the Army Parachute School down near Newcastle -- there was a mind-bogglingly large cyclonic swell off this point. Sets of white water as high as a house, moving in from hundreds of metres out, while waxheads sat on the headland with their mouths hanging open.

6. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

V brief @ 42: relaunched coins usually re-fail. But 'Lasergun' managed the jump soooo elegantly. The old community kept all its balances. So it's an older coin than it looks. Lots of long-timers.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  7. mmm....shiney!

8. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

Meanwhile, back at the Friendly Interesting Thread:

'The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 59% of Likely U.S. Voters believe it’s likely Biden’s running mate will be president before the end of Biden’s four-year term if he wins this fall, with 39% who say it’s Very Likely'
    https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pu...ely_to_finish_a_four_year_term_in_white_house

It's an indictment of the political system that Biden is seen as capable of four years of the demands of the Presidency. And The-Presidency-gets-handed-to-VP-guy thing is equally concerning. Call me crazy, mail me a tin-foil hat, I can't dismiss the notion that either (a) Trump's re-election, or (b) Biden's election>VP Guy gets the crown, would spark the sort of destabilisation that would send crypto and bullion prices through the roof

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  9. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

[​IMG]
    It goes like this, MyrtleL:

many folks who have no interest in politics never suffer ill affects. However -- as students of history understand -- if politics and history just happen to do the drive-by on your burg, politics and history couldn't care less that you had previously paid them no attention. The photo is of the small Polish town of 'Wielun.' The day before the photo, Wielun-ians could get away with ignoring politics. But the following morning -- on which the Luftwaffe dropped 46,000 kgs of bombs on the town -- it's a pretty safe bet that all those previously non-political folk had begun paying attention.

And anyone in the western world who doesn't understand that the present social, economic, political, environmental, and climatological dramas crankin' up make us Wielun-the-morning-before is in for a rude awakening.

Davros10 and 66rounds like this.
  10. inmizu

inmizu Active Member

Suppose you were President for Life Runyon Baby-Kisser. Suppose you declared war on The Guys Next Door. 10,000 die in the first week. The whole thing is a fiasco. Do you call the war off? Nuh. You'd lose face.

' . . . what has been announced by airlines . . . complete recovery in passenger demand might not be seen until 2024'
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/seven-million-jobs-risk-european-airline-industry-stalls

I bet me a bottle of stout: 'complete recovery by 2024'? nuh.

Anyone remember Obama's promise concerning the 2009 'TARP' bill? It was: 'Just this little bit of stimulus. No really. I'll pull out in time.'

The 'one-lockdown/one stimulus/V-shaped recovery by Christmas' promise made by world gubminsts will, I predict, end up on the same page of history as torturing Galileo, and 'Look, if we thump 'em good and hard at Pearl Harbour, we can win this war!!'

42-coin got a noo exchange.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020