Friday 8% Smackdown

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverDJ, Nov 12, 2016.

1. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Wow, 8% smackdown!
    Biggest daily drop in how long?
    Who's buying?
    Gold only got smacked about 2.5%

[​IMG]

2. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

Call me a doom and gloomer, but I still think the end is near.
    "They" are just trying to drive the price down as far as they can before "they" blow it all up.
    But I really don't know jack. Just a guess.
    I expected these anti trump rallies, and I expect them to get worse over the next month or so.
    Just wait and see what happens I guess.
    But civil unrest combined with the economy crashing could be used as an reason to put "continuity of government" martial law plans into action, before trump is even sworn in.

3. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

No doom in gloom, its because I made my first purchase in nearly a year yesterday, sorry guys!

4. Phil_Stacker

Phil_Stacker New Member

My 2 cents - I think the drop was expected because interest rate WILL go up. It is "a known" (odds are so high). I also think it is a poor fiscal decision and it will have to drop early next year and even then is going to cause serious damage to the US economy. The longer it stays up the longer the damage. US economy is now on a knife edge so it could go either way (i.e. consumer sentiment could go way up due to expectations of reduction of tax, protectionism and so on).

Either way by the end of next year I expect silver to be about 25-30 USD. I'm long-term buying so this isn't a big deal to me, I'm planning on buying during these smack-downs.

Edit - A drop was expected but I didn't expect it right now, nor to this degree. This specific drop left me scratching my head.

5. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

What a joke this system is
    Commodity markets owned and run by banks, the most trustworthy racket.....i mean business secter of all...
    Naked short selling, no way thats very illegal
    Perhaps something they suspect will cause a huge PM breakout, best do it from a smaller base, coz faith in the US dollar as the global reserve currency might get outed as actually worthless and the banksters might not make enough on the way out
    Nice one

6. Phil_Stacker

Phil_Stacker New Member

Every organisation is perfectly designed to get the outcomes that happen. This includes financial meltdowns. That is to say, financial meltdowns are not a series of factors that COULD lead to a financial meltdown, but WILL lead to a financial meltdown, by design (even if unintentional). Just watch Aircraft crash documentaries, the industry continually learns from every failure that was inevitable given the series of factors that lead to the accident.

If governments and banks don't like the outcomes - like economic bubbles and crashes - they need to learn from the disaster and change the design.

The last meltdown resulted in a bail-out, and bonuses to the instigators. So there is no imperative to change the system, and therefore we WILL get the same result again. It might take 1 month, it might take 50 years, but it will happen.

Because of this I save, protect, save, and diversify.

7. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs New Member

If flights MH 17 and MH 370 are anything to go by, one can't help but think it's in the interest of some "dark forces" (...insert derogatory terms) to keep information concealed.

If governments and banks had done their homework, we wouldn't be where we are now.

Unfortunately, there's not one frickin' soul capable and / or willing to step forward and stop the stupidity of naked shortselling, the derivative markets, negative bonds, debts spiralling out of control, super-size 125% mortgages (Ireland, ok, no longer available, but only because the bubble went POP). As long as there is money to be made, banks will be kept afloat, while vital decisions are being postponed until the SHTF.

8. Noxx

Noxx Member

It's matching pace with oil for some time now. I watch both closely since I invest in both. Last year when we had the major low in silver and precious metals we had the same major low in oil. Oil was around a bottom of $28 and silver was at a bottom of around $14. When oil came up precious metals came up with it. When oil hit a peak of around $50 silver hit peak of $20. This last month oil dropped again and that's why silver and Precious metals has been down too. It's lagged a little though, this big drop in silver was just catching up to the drop we had in oil this last week. I was actually wondering when it was going to catch up. The rate increases however have been keeping precious metals slightly more repressed though.

Which all makes total sense since the cost of precious metal production and extraction is heavily connected to energy costs. Which is why I think we are close to a bottom for a bit. I don't know how much lower oil wants to go back down. But maybe we'll get lucky and oil will drop more. However there will be more pain for precious metals as we have maybe a decade of raising interest rates and money chasing the better interest rate return. Although countered by rising oil prices and perhaps an economic uncertainty or meltdown spiking precious metals too.

9. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

Its a laugh on seesaw prices. Just bought metals last week, sudden drop again. Should wait bit more. Should buy more? Anyway, no other safe way but to buy small on this present situation.....patience needed.

10. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

"They" drove the price from $14 up to $21, and "their" orders are hedge / locked in profit books - they aren't after ounces but after dollars.
    Dollars that come from the suckers that did purchase ounces between $14 and $21.
    Usually they quickly dig their hedge when suckers start to sell back to them, as to get the ounces for less.
    Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"Buying opportunity!"

12. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Plonk again Monday morning, another 2%+ bites the dust:
    [​IMG]

That's 10% drop in silver in less than two trading days

13. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

If it's a "sucker" that pays USD $14 - $21 for a 1 ounce blob of silver, then what do you call someone who pays $22 - $49 for that same blob?

:(

14. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And to believe that Stan the man Druckenmiller sold all his "gold", I mean shares in GLD just before the smash down. Amazing insight... :D
    And so the wash and rinse cycle continues until it can no longer.....

15. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

what do you call someone who waits and waits and waits, and then it's too late?

16. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

A waiter if male, a waitress if female. ;)

17. Phil_Stacker

Phil_Stacker New Member

A stacker.

18. l***g

l***g Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

'there are worse things than
    being alone
    but it often takes decades
    to realize this
    and most often
    when you do
    it's too late
    and there's nothing worse
    than
    too late.'

Charles Bukowski

19. Pirocco

A bigger sucker, of course.

20. Pirocco

And, there is also another sucker in the story: the one that sold at $14 to then see $21.