FND : Finders Resources Limited (ASX)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by kramer, May 1, 2016.

1. kramer

kramer Member

I know gold and lithium are the in thing right now but has anyone here considered copper?

this electric car revolution and our robot overlords will require plenty of wire. Oh and india over the next 10 years is going to need an arseload of the stuff...

-finders resources is the lowest cost copper producer on the ASX that i'm aware of and i think there is alot of room to run here.

-currently expanding mine operations from 3000 Tonne per annum to 28000tonne per annum ( new 25ktpa plant coming online second quarter this year).

-a hedge book hedging the copper sales at about $2.75 US per LB. valued around 60m i believe.

-market cap around 100m, very tightly held, and here's a kicker... TWO gold projects at least one of which is advanced and just waiting on mining permit which will probably come through this year.

-share price is moving upwards.

-fairly illiquid (anti daytrader)

-high grade near surface copper resource

-huge possibility to upgrade their resource estimates and ongoing drilling projects once the upscaled plant is fully operational.

-It's not BGS but i think it will do very well, even in a downturn.

-under the radar

sprotts view on copper:
    http://www.sprottglobal.com/thoughts/articles/copper-its-been-a-bad-few-years/

february broker report (target price 22c - 31c)
    http://findersresources.com/wp-con...s-FND-Wetar-nearing-full-scale-production.pdf

oh and that report doesn't consider the value of their gold tenements.

Disclosure: I'm holding. my price target is 30c before end of year.

might be worth a look to others on here.

my opinions only. DYOR etc.

2. markc

markc Member

I've been watching copper on and off. It may have bottomed in the long term but it does have the potential to drop further to around $1.40ish (1994 and 2004 highs).

[​IMG]

3. kramer

kramer Member

Did i mention their copper sale price is hedged at $2.75 and their cost is estimated at 0.88c per oz.. They can play last man standing!