First time making money?

Discussion in 'Wealth Creation & Management' started by Goldmiester, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Goldmiester

Goldmiester Active Member

What was the first time in your life you made some money?

I remember mine well. I was around 14/15 years old, I wanted to start selling Crocs (the shoes) on eBay. I got in touch with a supplier in China, agreed a price, and a few weeks later a big box of Crocs arrived. Next I had to open an eBay account. For that I needed a bank account, but I was too young to get one. So I had to get my Mother to co-sign at the bank to open an account :D

Looking back at it now it was first time I made some money, and the first time I felt some financial freedom to actually buy whatever I wanted. It was a great feeling :cool:

I would love to read stories of other peoples experiances on here.

oziwassabi and sgbuyer like this.
  2. Jason1

Jason1 Well-Known Member

One of the First times I made serious money was when I downloaded a guide off the internet in the mid 90's as a teen maybe around 14.
    the guide showed me how to make fireworks from products that could be bought from a local farm co-op lol.
    Then I made a bunch and sold them to the idiots at school. made a killing until my old man put a stop to it after catching me frantically running out of my bedroom with a flaming spark shooting pot of chemicals. ahaha.
    good times

Brendio, wrcmad, GoldenEye and 5 others like this.
  3. Goldmiester

Smart! And halarious at the same time lol :)

Jason1 likes this.
  4. LiverBird

LiverBird Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I used to fish a lot as a kid & would sell fresh salmon to a local restaurant.

Goldmiester likes this.
  5. Goldmiester

Really nice, how old were you?

6. Timmy88

Timmy88 Active Member Silver Stacker

Ive always been a hands on person, from 12-13 years old I used to mow the lawn on our family home dad would in turn give me some pocket money, $10 a week usually on a Friday arvo.

I hungered for more $ so I went around the neighborhood and asked if I could ''mow your lawn for 10 bucks''pretty much immediately I had 2-3 gigs every second weekend, this grew to 4-6 every Saturday morning, I kept this up till I was 15 or so.

Great little pocket money earner I loved it.

Timmy

Goldmiester likes this.
  7. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was doing paper rounds since a kid but my taste for expensive goods has always outpaced my funds. I have to work hard to save and it’s not easy nor does it ever feel like I’m cash-rich even during times that I am. But I do enjoy nice things to the fullest and I’m happy that I probably will never get bored in life

oziwassabi and Goldmiester like this.
  8. Timmy88

Timmy88 Active Member Silver Stacker

I love quality too, they way I can afford it more often is considering second hand goods.

Timmy

heartastack likes this.
  9. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mine was back in 70's when we finished a year in high school. The Bursar of the school asked if any students wanted to make some money doing some jobs like returns of text books and other general help for some small money. Was great, did a few days work and I picked up $35 or so. Couldn't believe it how rich I felt.

sgbuyer and Goldmiester like this.
  10. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

haha mate so true. I’ve just got sold selling all my stuff for the move back to Aus and those sob’s got some eye watering deals out of me ! FB marketplace will keep me busy next month