First purchase today

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by lakesentrance, Dec 18, 2010.

1. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

Hi all here at Silver Stackers.

I'd like to say i really appreciate the many great posts you guys have done. It's taught me heaps. And, looking forward to getting my copy of RichDad/PoorDad Investing in Gold & Silver. Any used copies for sale before i do it online? (not Amazon tho, they don't deserve any business atm)

So, today, after reading almost every thread in this and a few other forums, i've made my first purchase. And i'm excited.

I now appreciate and understand the Fiat currency, and it's lack of intrinsic value. You guys added to my little knowlege there.

I was watching a few 1oz silver bars on Ebay, and was surprised they went for a few dollars more than BB was selling them. So, even tho BB was above the spot price, I just decided to do it now, get me started and bought just 2 x 1oz for $75.50 inc postage.

Eagerly awaiting their arrival. Those little babies will be well taken care of. The first of many to come.

I've also dug out of my pennie collection my florian, a few sixpences, threepences and shilling. They're also the beginning of my coin holdings.

I look forward to further discussions and i hope u guys/gals don't mind stupid questions, as i'm sure i'll have many.

Yours, very excited ... :)

2. Savige Silver

Savige Silver New Member

Welcome L E Great town had lots of fun there as a teenager

3. purgatori

purgatori New Member

welcome and congrats on your first purchace there are some good people on here and heaps of imfo aswell
    good luck with your stacking

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not likely, but at ~$12.00 you'll be doing much better than the $30 odd I paid when it 1st came out. You'll get a great deal if you click on the "Bookshop" button at the top of the Silver Stackers page...we get a discounted price here (but sorry it's Amazon) :)

Welcome aboard....

p.s.
    What brought you here?

5. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

@Clawhammer, thanks for the tip on the bookshop and thanks for the welcome to all.

What brought me here ... my wife & I, over the past 6 months, have been exposing ourselves to the many videos on what money is all about. Really about.

Thru the truththeory and zeitgeist sites it's been a joy to learn what fiat currency, banks, fed reserves and the like are really up to.

It was a natural progression. And then I saw a Mike Dillard video, talking about investing. And it was all about gold and silver. He advertised the Investing in Gold/Silver book too.

So, then i thought, mmmm, like minded people, where will i find them. Forums. Did a google search and here i am.

And i'm happy to be here.

6. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome lakesentrance,

To get you started with PM ( as in personal msgng on the forum) capabilities if you PM to me your posting address, i will send to you a coin free of charge, as a welcoming gift.
    ( im in a giving mood )

See below, Chilean 20 Centavos 1907 0.0643 oz silver at 0.500 Ag in VF condition,
    featuring the Condor.

[​IMG]

i mean it lakesentrance

:)

7. Silver is Money

Silver is Money Member Silver Stacker

Welcome to the gang lakesentrance (and wife). I guarantee you'll find a truckload of useful and actionable info here.

8. bazz1000

bazz1000 Member

Welcome and well done on the first purchase! There will be many more to come Im sure.

9. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome Lakesentrance

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Welcome aboard mate. Be sure to share photos when you buy up! Half the pleasure of sharing the enthusiasm for stacking is sharing the silver/gold pr0n pix with your peers.

11. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

@ Thucydides - today I received my first coin, compliments of Thucydides.

Thankyou very much.

No matter what the circumstances, i'll never part with that Chilean 20 Centavos 1907. Even if it means i'm down to the last .... cigarette.

Thanks again and have a jolly christmas

12. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Hehehe, im a smoker too

No probs, enjoy the forums