Fed Bailouts = 16 Trillion - epic win for the Fed

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by millededge, Oct 22, 2011.

1. millededge

millededge Active Member

2. millededge

millededge Active Member

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I would think that would have to qualify as the biggest robbery in recorded history, no?

4. millededge

millededge Active Member

5. Trichter

Trichter Member

The crazy thing I just learned, which I'm sure any resident sino-experts will confirm, is that China has spent more than the US over that time relevative to GDP!

In 2009 they injected 47% of 2009 GDP into their economy and in 2010 about the same proportion again of 2010's GDP! Only now have they started to take away the punch bowl.

Heard this on financial sense, btw:

http://www.financialsense.com/finan...-ahead-translating-into-commodity-bear-market

6. EJAM5

EJAM5 Active Member

Monopoly money...

7. Nukz

Nukz New Member

There are some questions that should come from this as to the true reason for reserve banks, many of which are simply in-place to set monetary policy but there seems to be questions over currency loans/swags to stabalise or de-stabalise certain currency's to make others appear stronger or weaker.

They are definitely a active player in world markets and make the public pay for their decisions sometimes through inflation while they have the ability to simply move money through currency loans & swaps.

I believe the 16 trillion was not money actually given to the banks but rather guarantee's which in itself is still very strange for a reserve bank in the U.S to be doing. This put's into question all the political noise we see on the news everyday about Euro leaders debating the bailout fund and what to do with Greece, is this just a stage-show? has the solution already been found? is the Fed simply waiting this time before they provide another 16 trillion of worldwide guarantee's to banks again.

I believe in the past banks could get money as long as they had subsidiary operating in the U.S but the FED had to know they would funnel the money back to their main operations.

A good example is Westpac who i believe has 1 office in New York city which obtained around 250 million, how much was sent back to help backstop defaults in Australia?

8. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Almost USD$5.6 billion, that's how much.

http://www.moneymorning.com.au/20101203/nab-and-westpacs-secret-bailout-revealed.html

I'm talking about the near collapse of the Australian banking system in 2008. I'm talking about the likelihood of two Australian banks collapsing in 2008 if they hadn't secured a secret loan from the US Federal Reserve.
    The fact that National Australia Bank [ASX: NAB] had to borrow USD$4.5 billion from the US Federal Reserve during 2008 and 2009.
    And Westpac Banking Corp [ASX: WBC] needed USD$1.09 billion in January of 2008 and 2009.

9. injin

injin New Member