Family with US$

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by bankaiblade, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would ask the question how patriotic are the banksters in USA? they have an awful lot of split blood to clean up and more to come...that would decide for me where to put my money.

2. BBQ

BBQ Member

I've been here :)
    It's not an easy job; I have convinced some but definitely not all. Some don't want to hear about gloom and doom, as they put it. So I say start with easy digestible things, facts and tidbits. Just neutral "did you know...?" things.

I can only speak for myself here, but my mind would never have been made-up about buying precious metals without education about just how fragile and fraudulent the financial system is, and just how corrupt and fraudulent our bankers, politicians and media are.

Little revelations like:
    Money As Debt
    Money As Debt II
    The Money Masters documentary
    "Peter Schiff was Right"
    The American Dream cartoon

All of these things are on YouTube and really opened my eyes. First, to the fractional reserve system. Second, about the close association with bankers and wars, politics, lies we are fed, and so on. Peter Schiff, he basically let me know that certain people knew what was happening before the masses did and he was one of them. I was intrigued. So I wanted to learn more about how our basic economy works and even bought some books.

Anyway, those videos on YouTube made me more interested in the financial world, which I never payed attention to before - mostly because I thought I could never really understand what these guys are on about (that may still be true to some extent...).

I was also hoarding cash before buying into metals and no amount of talk from any single person would convince me to sink thousands in "useless coins"; that was my attitude back then...so it took me a long time to come 'round.

So basically, a crapload of videos (and more) did it! :)
    Now a constant line-up of people like Max Keiser and Jim Willie and so many others are just icing on my cake; and great information and encouragement.

So anyway, these are some of the paths I took to buying gold and silver and maybe they can be used as tools to encouraging others.

If you have the right approach and they are still not interested, don't worry.
    Your results will speak for themselves!

Some people only like results and investing isn't for everyone, after all. Some would far rather have 'safety'...or at least the perception of it.

;)

3. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Anyone holding USD atm is probably feeling a bit down I'd say :/

I won't call anyone up yet and yell "I told ya so!!!!" :p