fake 1/2 shark coins - australian seller on ebay?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by silverprepper999, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Did the authority nail the SS member for selling fakes buffalo rounds?

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

A fake buffalo round is not counterfeit currency. That becomes a local police matter, or at worst, a civil claim.

3. Junk Silver

Junk Silver Member Silver Stacker

4. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Knowing what's involved in getting a licensing deal - $9.90 for the Batman coin wouldn't even cover the royalty, so it's copyright infringement as well.

6. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Sounds like Time Warner, who owns the rights, would be interested in learning of this.

I'm sure they've got a pretty good-sized legal dept.. :)

"DC Comics, Inc. is an American comic book publisher. It is the publishing unit of DC Entertainment, a company of Warner Bros. Entertainment, which itself is owned by Time Warner. DC Comics is one of the largest and most successful companies operating in American comic books, and produces material featuring many well-known characters, including Superman, Batman..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Comics

7. SilverTounge15

SilverTounge15 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ok anyone still around in this post?

Search lunar horse silver coin. Look at sold listings. Check out the bidding war that went on for a fake horse coin... 100% feedback the seller has too...

8. silverbullion

silverbullion New Member

People who sell these coins should be tracked down and hunted down like rabid dogs.

9. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Although I have not seen the fake Australian coins in person, I have seen fake US Morgan silver dollars (I bought one of these by accident), US ASE's, Canadian Maples, etc. All the fake gov coins I saw were pretty bad looking compared to the real ones. Even the fake gold coins I have seen in person (Krugs and sovereigns were pretty bad if you knew what you were doing). I got the Morgan when I bought a deal that included several low quality silver dollars that I bought near melt. When I got home and went through them, I saw it right away and could hear the "clink" sound wasn't right, it only weighed 19 grams or so too. I got the dealer to take it back and give me a real one.

As far as generic silver goes, the Chinese sellers are pumping out tons of the crap and the bars look really good. I have seen some here and there in the bins at local stores. It used to be the giveaway was the one ounce bars would each be in an individual plastic case. Now the sellers have figured out that everyone is on to that, so they started making them in sheets of 10 bars in soft plastic sheets similar to the real ones. (see below link)

It seems nobody in the gov cares about fake silver/gold coins/bars. Maybe what the online pundits say about the gov not wanting people to own gold and silver is true, thus they don't do anything to stop fakes because they want us to be afraid to buy them? I don't know if that is true or not, but nothing is being done to stop them that I know of. Some people have been arrested here after being caught selling the fake bars to dealers, but that doesn't stop the stuff from being made in the first place. I stopped buying generic silver a while back and stick to gov made stuff that I am very familiar with so hopefully I won't get fooled.

Just my opinion.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Seal...Silver-Plated-Brass-Core-Bar/32236609769.html

Jim

10. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

Look on the bright side. If the Government decides to confiscate your silver / gold you can just give them the fake stuff and hide the real stuff, I doubt they will know the difference.

11. Jim4silver

Would be good to use them as a decoy for burglars I suppose. I don't think there will be any future PM confiscations, at least not here in the US. Not enough people own gold/silver bullion anymore and we are not on a gold standard like in 1933. I would be more worried about 401Ks, IRAs, etc.

According to a speech by Bernanke in 2002 (when he was just a mere fed governor), dollar devaluation is a tool to stop deflation. He mentioned several techniques the Fed could use to stop deflation should they need to do that. So far, they have done from what I see all of the techniques he mentioned ( QE1, 2, 3, etc.), with the exception of one. The one trick they haven't done yet (since 1933) is a dollar devaluation. He goes on to speak in fairly glowing terms about how successful that was for the US in 1933. Basically after they recalled the gold coins they then revalued gold 40% higher vs. the dollar. This was basically how they had to "print" money back on a gold standard. Now they can just print and don't need to worry about anything like gold backing to get in the way. I wonder how they will devalue the dollar next time since we are not on a gold standard? Maybe knock off a zero?

Here is a link for a long but informative read.

http://www.bis.org/review/r021126d.pdf

Just my opinion.

Jim

12. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

Sorry but I don't believe anything Bernanke has said or will say. The foxes are running the hen house in the USA as well as most other countries for that matter.

13. Jim4silver

I agree with you in theory, but at this point it is not a matter of belief or not. Everything he mentioned has ALREADY taken place (except a modern day devaluation). Bernanke's speech that I linked from 2002 has been a perfect "road map" of what the Fed has been doing since 2008. The ONLY thing that has not yet occurred is the dollar devaluation. Whether or not that will happen in the future I don't know, but everything else he mentioned as a tool to fight deflation has been done, and some of it is still going on. I doubt you even read the speech but that is your option.

A dollar devaluation would be very bad for dollar holders who would lose a large amount of buying power. For him to even mention such a tactic and try to put a good "spin" on it tells me that it is coming someday, just like all the other tactics he mentioned which have already taken place. If someone like Bernanke is going to lie, it would be saying "everything is fine, don't worry, your buying power is safe", etc.

Sometimes TPTB do telegraph what they plan to do. You just probably won't hear it on your favorite TV show or even alternative news sites Alex Jones, etc.

All just my opinion.

Jim