Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Markets

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by Eruaran, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

The current GoldSilver.com Weekly email features this video from Vulpes investment adviser Grant Williams. I thought it worth sharing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4zOAHoncF0[/youtube]

2. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

Oh sorry, I didn't realise it was already posted. You guys are fast! ;)

3. W0LFMAN

W0LFMAN New Member

Thank you for posting. Found it very insightful.

My only worry is what state will normal everyday living will be like? during the times when Currency is being dropped and the Government Gold rush is on.

Will normal Public infrastructure still be in place?

Or will it be Chaos out on the streets,

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gold, Gold, Gold.

But gold is too expensive for me. Isn't there something a little cheaper than gold but with the same fundamental properties and history? ;)

5. Emanance

Emanance Guest

I'm betting on chaos. Good time not to be in a capital city. A different and more practical breed of man inhabited the globe in the crash of 1929. 46% of of the first worlds population back then where still employed in some way or another in agriculture and thus food production. Nowadays that figure is closer to 2%. Can you imagine a city of 1 - 5 million hungry muppets who's only ability for survival involves grabbing the car keys and ducking down the road to coles or woolies. Now's a good time to draft up an exit strategy.

6. W0LFMAN

W0LFMAN New Member

I'll Agree with your opinion on the modern day man. I do however worry that your opinion is Chaos.
    I too think that chaos is near, however being a modern day man.
    It maybe too late for me to develop the skills in order to survive a new world born out of a human cage-fight, where the ruthless reign and the kindheartedness die.

If Chaos happens god help us all.

7. Emanance

Emanance Guest

No disrespect intended WOLFMAN :), I'm quite the modern day man myself.

Like you, I'm sure; I like to think I have my eyes open to what's happening to the planet's economy. I just can't see any good outcomes. God help me & my family if it comes to that also.

I give SHTF scenario a lot of mind share, as I do a 'soft landing' scenario. I like to me & my family could be prepared for both. I think it's never too late to give an exit strategy some thought.

8. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^
    It's governments & Institutions that have their skin in the game that would have you believe that it's only through overarching control that society will survive. It's Rubbish.

They've bastardised words like "CHAOS" and "ANARCHY". If you look at their definition, it's nothing like the pictures those words summon in your head. Those pictures are a result of social conditioning.

Chaos is just a lack of organisation. Nature doesn't have an overarching organiser...would you call nature in 'chaos'? Well, maybe. But we also have Chaos Theory, which shows how predictable and stabilising things naturally become.

Anarchy is just a "state of existence without rulers". In an Arnarchistic society, people will still mow their lawns, go to their jobs and sleep safe and sound in their beds at night... it's just they won't have anyone telling them how they must do it! Anarchisim was an actual political movement organised by intelligent free thinking people. It's very name became usurped in a propaganda campaign waged by all the other political parties (even the communists) that saw it (a free society) as a fundamental threat to what they wanted.

Don't believe for an instant that a lack of Govt. would mean the end of the world or our society. In fact, we may well be beter off for it.