Expecting silver to drop to at least $22 AUD

Discussion in 'Silver' started by openeyes, Mar 12, 2020.

1. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

you're lucky. the price hike is crazy. luckily I still can find cheap bars this morning.

2. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

I'd wait ,but i have been waiting a few years now and the money i cashed out at the time in anticipation has not been put to great use like i expected.
    Smart old me cashed out because i saw silver dropping and i am happy with that decision, i am not happy that i intended to use that money for better investments than silver until i bought back in and that is the problem.
    My intentions were good and i believe sound, but shit just happens sometimes i guess and the money and general life is a bit in the sh$$$r.
    I am still confidant $13 will come ,perhaps even lower but i would not wait for that.
    As i said above though the way things are going ill buy,it'll rocket,the next bad thing will happen and it'll be no good for me.

Super happy me.

3. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

STKR and 66rounds like this.
  4. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ PTSD triggered

5. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Yes this is true,but if the virus has been developed by human,they know already how to eradicate it...

66rounds likes this.
  6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No. Microbiologists have not found anything in the viral genome that indicates genetic modification. It looks like a natural mutation (ie much more scrambled and non-sensible than a human could program)

8. 66rounds

66rounds Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Actually some articles coming out of India are reporting a HIV component. This implies that those that get the virus may develop AIDS later on. That is definitely not a natural mutation

- I do not have much faith in Indian "Science". They are well know forgers of data. My own theory is that this was meant to be a much smaller scale viral outbreak that is now out of control. China acted quickly as they identified it's origin as biowarfare.

STKR and madaw1 like this.
  9. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Officially yes according to Lancet but in this case some artificial matrix in mutation has been found,which would indicate that could be done. If this is some kind of biological weapon/virus/ it won't be reported for us /at least now/...

66rounds likes this.
  10. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've been wondering this statement. I think Alor is right, this maybe the last chance to buy cheap physical silver.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  11. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

66rounds likes this.
  12. 66rounds

Just bought 30oz unallocated.

STKR, madaw1, sgbuyer and 1 other person like this.
  13. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

You say you don’t have faith in Indian science

The HIV tweaked coronavirus story came out of a so-called Indian site and has not been replicated anywhere. Thus, it may be a matter of faith.

That’s not to say it is fake (look at WTC7 collapsing in its footprint for an exercise in faith in media) but where are the virologists on this one? There are loads of them. So you’d hope for some clarity. An anomalous sequence would be obvious.

It’s a genome, so eminently reproducible.

66rounds likes this.
  14. 66rounds

China has released the genome. I have not had a look at it. Given the distinct global mortality rates we may even be looking at different strains. We will not have a clear picture until it has all blown over, that is for sure. You can not modify a genome without leaving footsteps behind. Cuts and splices of genetic material will be clear to any microbiologist with a years lab experience

STKR, madaw1 and minimilled like this.
  15. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Not anymore for goodsake for playing God...

66rounds likes this.
  16. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

Personally I feel weird to buy anything unallocated in any kind of metal.If I don't hold it I don't own it-very old fashion stacker....

Bullion Stax and 66rounds like this.
  17. 66rounds

You are very correct but we have a good relationship with Michael at Bullion Now. At worst case we will get spot value back for sure. For such a small amount even if total loss it is worth the benefit of being able to swap to gold easily.

STKR and madaw1 like this.
  18. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Some would say the last time to buy cheap silver was 50 years ago. I could have bought substantial quantities around 2002 for $5 or $8 can’t remember which.

Cheap is subjective. If it goes from $24 today to $50 next year then today is cheap. So let’s all keep that in mind.

Again referring to the 2008/9 price trends, it will be down fast and back up fast. What I mean by fast is the down and back up should occur in a 3-5 month period. I don’t think we have seen the bottom yet but this downward pressure has to be associated with strong downward action in the stock market. If that stock market downward action slows then silver may push back up.

Countries are going into lock down. But infected numbers will continue to rise for another week or two. Those countries not in lockdown will see continued spikes in numbers e.g. Australia. They say doubling every 6 days or so.

Supply chain impacts haven’t been seen by the public yet. So we may see a steadying of stock markets until the public feels the reality of the economic impacts which haven’t been appropriately priced in yet. Most economists are talking about reduced growth or no growth this year. No one is saying we will have -15% global production off last year. Failure of the travel industry globally. Tourism related businesses will be decimated as we are starting to see.

Once this is all factored in there will be continued and perhaps frenzied downward moving stock markets. Financial markets may experience significant impacts.

There will be regular reports of vaccines which will rally the market for a time but they won’t be available until at least year end when substantial damage will have already happened. We have to also acknowledge that many countries and people will not get the vaccine for a number of reasons. This event will go on until at least August/September 2021.

So silver I think will drop more in the short term (1 month or less) rally for a time (1 month maybe) then fall again to the same or even lower level before the upward journey begins.

If a miracle cure (read a vaccine that was already known) becomes available then all bets are off. Conversely if a different or more virulent corona virus appears then that is a completely different scenario that I don’t want to contemplate yet.

For what it’s worth I think at or under $22 is good value and $15 AUD is really cheap. I am almost all cash now apart from what I hold long term (ie don’t sell ever) and will be investing in that price range. Noting that during this very unknown time I will hold a good bundle of cash for 3 months of expenses until things have and are clearly going to normalise.

Stay safe. You can’t eat silver. Although it is a good antibiotic.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Ivykoin, Silverling, madaw1 and 2 others like this.
  19. minimilled

minimilled Active Member

Silver is most likely dropping like a stone in the near term (notwithstanding the dead cat bouncing) and great bargains will be had at the bottom

The most obvious reason for it is the mediaeval style government response in the absence of a medical technology.

Restriction by government decree to a locale will have economic impacts. 50% of the silver market is industry, so if you restrict workers in factories, say goodbye to demand.

I saw no evidence of this story today IRL btw. Such a disconnect to the POS.

sgbuyer and 66rounds like this.
  20. 316ag

316ag Active Member

Has the YouTube video ‘In the interests of the people’ been discussed? Published March 14.
    Worth a look.

66rounds likes this.