Ex. Tresury sec Larry Summers and Ray Dalio request/predict more QE

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by phrenzy, Aug 26, 2015.

1. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Dalio in case you don't recognize the name is the founder of the world's largest hedge fund.

What kind of world is it when you have a former treasury secretary amongst others saying the economy was so rotten in the states that they need QE4 and fed officials asserting that the economy is doing well enough not only to not engage in QE but to lift rates. I'm sure many current and former officials feel that way but won't take an interview on CNBC because they don't want to undermine their colleagues.

Someone is badly wrong. The fed has to write double talk releases like the FOMC minutes because saying the wrong thing could wipe tens of billions off markets in minutes but mostly they just want to give themselves breathing room in the future to change their mind and maintain their credibility. Unfortunately that ship is fast leaving port, from where some people are standing they are already way way out to sea.

These are the people with the purview to flip the world on it's head. I know some people are still saying things are really not that bad, but I can't imagine anyone could say that we're not living in a different world today than we were this time last year, particularly the world last year as your average talking head saw it.

So, QE4, imminent, maybe or not happening?

2. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And what is the impact on PM prices if we get QE4? And real estate? And other assets?

3. ninteno

ninteno Member

US Propaganda on its best !!!
    QE will hurt PM again as the last idiot is save in investing in US stockmarket and speculators will kill the last safe invest (PM) to go into stocks
    All the europe sheep will follow and ignore the real economy one more time

Right now:

stock market up -> PM down
    stock market down -> PM down
    bla, bla, bla Rates up -> PM down

we have to wait until rates rise -> PM up
    We know they can raise rates, so -> PM down for unknow time ( until a black swan comes up that can not be talked down by US propaganda)

4. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

QE4 will be one more nail in the coffin, this time even MSM talking heads making pretty solid statements about the fundamental economy being good enough to warrant a rate rise, when this happens they can't keep up their line. People on the street are starting to notice that somethings wrong, they aren't running to gold, yet, but when you want to pull your money out of the market and you are concerned about what your currency is doing then where do you go? A bond at 2% or less?

It's coming.

5. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well they now have a great excuse to keep interest rates at 0% and with QE4 maybe they'll be able to absorb this recent shock (China) and keep the titanic afloat for another few years.....just stack the debt and money supply a bit higher.....

But on the other hand, they now have a great scape-goat in China "who has instigated a massive global crisis" and they could use that excuse to wipe the slate clean. Why not default on the China debt (along with the others) and then blame China for it? Machiavellian politics at it's finest....?

6. col0016

col0016 Active Member

I like it. I don't know if China would let it slide though.

7. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

It's not mum and dad investors but the big hedge funds that move the markets around ...