Ex mmember of Kitco now

Discussion in 'Silver' started by lshallperish, Aug 6, 2014.

1. lshallperish

lshallperish New Member

Hate them.. so they talk about gold and silver on youtube and have thousands of people talking about gold and silver on the forum.. and most talk about you know the prices going up or down.. and here comes MR kitco and gets into the silver fix bullshit... not to mention "ohhh yes come buy our silver and gold from our website on kitco" ya do that so they can just keep fixing the dam prices...

2. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Your sentence is hard to interprete, what exactly happened or what specifically did you see that disturbed you? Silver fix?
    Some while ago I found an entire crowd ex Kitco members, when I discovered the bullionstacker.com forum, apparently started by angry Kitco members.
    And actually, I wasn't surprised.
    Not that I hate Kitco or so. It's just that trying to avoid hassle with moderation there, is an impossible task. Not due to opinion differences or problems with rules, just that it lacks logic, meaning that you aren't able to determine anymore what to do to make posts following their rules. The moderation interpretes anything that isn't exactly specified, in an own chosen way. Allowing to render nearly any post as a rules "infraction".
    To give one example: I once got an immediate tempban for this "Here they don't adjust their prices as quickly down with spot as they do with up". The context wasn't about Kitco, but about pm dealers in general, and my 'here' applied to my region of the world, not Kitco, where I never ordered simply because shipping is a killer.
    In order to avoid such 'free' interpretations, I had to use 'In my EU region' instead of 'here'.

Take a dozen such stories, combined with some members apparently being allowed alot more and also explicit, without being judged as rules infractions, and you get the reason for my red tail light there. I didn't need a ban, it was just the only option left, without being rendered to a useless presence there.

To me, Kitco appears like being moderated in such a way that everybody that is going against the direction of the price drive, gets shot out. I've seen the same 'attitude>result' sequence happening to others too. Before, and after me.
    I think that in order to avoid bans there, one has to keep mouth open yelling to da moon.

For the rest, it's a closed story for me. I still do take a peek now and then. Just activity dropped near to, or dead on, zero. :p