ENLIGHTENMENT OF GODDESS MATSU 1/4 OZ GOLD COIN

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Savige Silver, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Savige Silver

Savige Silver New Member

Three of these coins were offered on ebay recently, items 260722323819 and 260723121761. I placed a bid while they were at a low price but then the alarm bells went off as the seller had no history. Today I recieved an email from ebay saying the articles had been withdrawn as they felt the item was not genuine. They had recieved information from the people who owned the rights to production of these coins stating that the coins were not genuine. Just shows you can't be to careful, I am even sceptical of people who suddenly appear on SS and in one of their first posts are offering items for sale.

2. Kasanga

Kasanga Member

There seems to have been a flush of 1/4 gold pandas as well all news sellers with no feedback I definitely smell a rat and not a Perth lunar one

Where there is a dollar to b made these guys will come out

3. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

For whatever reason, if you feel you MUST bid on a coin from a seller with 0 (or very low) feedback, make sure you pay with paypal, and get it sent via registered post. And even then, it is no guarantee to get your money back if you get scammed. But better chance with paypal than with bank deposit.

Also ask the seller questions leading up to the auction close - See how much they really know about what they were selling. DON'T impulse buy from a 0 feedback seller.

It's been mentioned by others in many threads: In general, buying from sellers with 0 (or very low) feedback is a RISK.

4. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I would also ask to see additional photos and not just generic ones.

5. artisan322

artisan322 New Member