"Egyptian Queen" in polished silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mmissinglink, May 29, 2016.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

My long awaited order of the silver Frazetta statues from Heads Or Tales Coins is finally complete. I decided to get the polished silver finish. Not only is this finish difficult to photograph well, but apparently difficult to produce. From what I understand, this finish will not be available until further notice....which may be indefinitely. Instead, I believe the light finish will be an antique type of finish.

This fifth set of pictures depicts a stunning 3D interpretation of the famous Frank Frazetta painting, "Egyptian Queen". Until I had already spent quite a while taking photos of this highly reflective statue, I didn't realize what a challenge it was to not blow out some of the details in the light areas. Nonetheless, here are some of the photos I took:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the first batches of statues are already sold out on APMEX but here's the page link anyway (you can have them alert you when new stock comes in): http://www.apmex.com/search?q=frazetta

(I have no affiliation with APMEX or Heads Or Tales Coins).

2. Balance8

Balance8 Member

Nice. I wonder how hard they are to make/ work with...

3. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think the photo do not justify the Beauty.

Can take a video ?

4. mmissinglink

I believe very difficult to make.

I have seen a video of the production of the wax castings for these silver statues. It is a very labor intensive production with many individual parts to each statue and a bunch of people tasked to work on just this part of the process. And remember....that's just for the wax casting portion of the production. I do not know the process after nor before this portion of the entire project.

I also heard that Heads Or Tales Coins changed the facility where the silver statues are made from the wax castings and finished because Heads Or Tales Coins was not satisfied with the quality of the first facility they used.

Finally, I believe some sort of official video showing the production of the statues is intended to be made but that may take quite a while in itself to be produced....maybe not till next year.

What I am mesmerized by is the incredible, subtle detain of these statues. For example, in the Egyptian Queens, the pillar she is hiding behind or leaning against has lots of texturing and subtle detail both front and back. Awesome in my view.

5. mmissinglink

6. ryan71

ryan71 Member

She's smokin'!