eBay rip off

Discussion in 'Silver' started by 3cav84a, Mar 1, 2011.

1. 3cav84a

3cav84a New Member

G'day, just had a quick look at eBay and there is some dude selling 1 oz buffalo rounds x 10 but get this they are charging $300 registered postage and this is from Australia. I can get 100 x 1 0z coins either sent thru the mail for about 20 dollars from WA or from
    NSW to SA for about 40 dollars thru a courier what sort of scam is this bloke trying to pull? the item number is 220741948459
    I have just about given up on eBay with all the amont of crap being sold on there trying to catch the uninformed or vulnerable with all this 100 mil crap.
    I once saw an auction for a piece of crap, the selller obviously got caught out themselves and resold it on eBay, they had no previous feedback and only sold the one item then never reappeared again

2. Guest

Guest Guest

See the other ebay thread below for more on this

3. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It seems to me that this might be more of a technique to pay less eBay fees.

Large delivery, and low actual sale price. Dunno if I'd consider it in the same SCAM league as MILLS Silver.

4. bulliondeals_au

bulliondeals_au New Member

Postage: Don't let the price of postage deter you, as what is important is the overall price.

went for $534 total so not sure if the overall price was that great...

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

$53.40 an ounce for generics!!!!

Betting the winner didn't realise the postage sting. It's actually a violation of eBay rules because there's no final fees on the postage component, and they're evading fees by burying $300 of the total in the shipping.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

OH Lordy

A message from the A/H responsible for the blatant rippoff of a listing , Check out the 3 yr old youtube vid lol .

""With all due respect, when you talk about 'shameful', 'immoral', 'wrong' and 'conscience' - if you can say such a thing to a person you don't even know, for such an idiotic 'reason' as a postage price (item + postage = overall price = VERY FAIR PRICE! and NOTHING to be 'shameful' about!), then I have to say that you are a 'sheeple' (google it up!). You see 'wrong' where there is NO wrong and you FAIL to see the wrong and evil ALL around you! Take off your rose-coloured glasses and take a look at this video! And there are plenty more like it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ73eOmdsv0v=LJ73eOmdsv0

You know why they call it the 'American or Australian DREAM'? Because people like you are all asleep! Wake up! You should be ashamed of YOURSELF for trying to offend people for no reason at all! Do some reasearch of the REAL wrong and evil in this world (from the very people you trust to be 'moral', 'righteous' and 'conscientious')!! When you wake up from your dream world, you will come crashing down to REALITY!
    Sweet dreams!""

7. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

how did this vidoe wind up on a ebay ripoff thread ? prince charles is the devil ? get out of america now ?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

LMHAO @ renovator

This is a message I received from the person that listed the above item on ebay after posting them a polite little message earlier tonight . I should of put quotes on the message .

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

hahahaha ok i was thinking wtf is this

10. Guest

Guest Guest

She could be right about Prince Charles tho M8 , Look at what he sleeps with :eek: