ebay rant

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by ajzm, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ajzm

ajzm Active Member

American ebay is sooooooooooo frustrating. there is a coin i would like to bid on but the seller does not accept australian bids and you cannot contact them via a message either. Why is it that you cannot even send a message to them? If they sold to australia - they would get much better prices!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLID-GOLD-...840?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25696d35d8

sorry for rant - does anyone know how to contact - this has happenned to me alot when i have been interested in items, so would be good to know if anyone can overcome it so i can know for next time!!!

thanks!

2. ajzm

ajzm Active Member

thanks for this but I have tried this but it says seller is unable to answer questions.

3. Anthony

Anthony New Member

I see what you mean, I have never come across that on eBay before.

Very strange!

4. silvstack

silvstack Member

i'm in the us - i'd be glad to relay a question. i did just ask "would you send to an auction winner in australia?" in case that's all you want to know. i'll post any follow-up or update this post if i hear back.

also - for a rant i'm sure you can do lots better - there's plenty to go on about with regard to ebay and paypal.

5. ajzm

ajzm Active Member

Thanks for that - that was my main question - would you post to australia - and to change the listing so I can bid lol

Yes I could go on forever about ebay - but though a small rant was sufficient for now :)

6. silvstack

silvstack Member

i never did receive an answer by the way. it went for $110.

7. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

EVERYONE PLEASE READ:

I was on ebay today and i saw this crap up the top.
    I screen shotted to prove its real.

[​IMG]

I tried sending them a message but the message did not send, and it gave me a error.

8. Terry88

Terry88 Member

Hmm, if a seller haven't got back to me in one business day whether eBay or a service then I would probably wouldn't do business with them.

9. silver dragon

silver dragon New Member

Yes today I went into Ebay. Got one of them messages saying that I was todays 999 visitor and I could win an Ipad. more marketing crap we will have to put up with from ebay I suppose. I imagine that ebay are being paid by these people to place the advertisements

10. sriblo ag47

sriblo ag47 New Member

I used to ship worldwide on Ebay before. But after some international buyers complaining, why is taking so much time for them to receive their item, that i stop shipping worldwide. I only ship now to Canada & US. I did mentioned in my action, that it may take 2-4 weeks to buyers from Australia to receive their items. It also depends where you live. If you live in a big city, you will get it much sooner, than you live in small town or village. Exactly 2 weeks would past, and I would get an e-mail from buyer, saying "where is my item, how long do i have to wait, why it's taking so long" & so on.
    Plus I had to fill it up a lot of Customs Declaration forms. And there's no tracking numbers for parcels shipping worldwide.
    So I do understand why so many sellers would not want to ship worldwide. Sometimes I would really like to buy some coin on Ebay, and the sellers would only ship (post) to Australia, or the States.
    The only solution i see, is to find somebody on this forum who's from States and can do the bidding for us. Someone i can trust, member from States would buy the item for me, i transfer him the money via paypal (plus for his work), & he ships the items for me.

11. banjo

banjo Member

I had to wait 3 weeks for a item to get to Aus I would say send your message with your email attached

12. Michelle

Michelle New Member

Here is the deal with the error message when it says:seller is unable to answer questions. The seller has an option to block queries that come in from people whos primary registered address is in a country/countries they don't ship to.

I have a US Ebay ID and a UK Ebay ID and have been in the same situation. The thing that is frustrating is that I have sent messages from my US Ebay User ID asking about international shipping and most of the time they say yes. They will drum up more business shipping internationally then just strictly shipping in the US. They need to do their research on USPS and sort out the safest and cheapest way which will cover their a** shipping internationally is all.

As my US Ebay account is registered to a US primary address messages go thru. I would be happy to ask any questions if someone gets desperate if blocked from messaging thru US Ebay but please don't everyone contact me at once.;)

M

13. MasterID

MasterID Member

Or open a dummy US ebay account and only use that account to ask question......make sense?

14. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The seller I deal with in the US whose eBay account blocked questions responded to a personal email to let me know what the score was..

Apparently they are not covered by eBay if they post abroad without it being registered. The cheapest Registered option at the time was about $40, and the sellers were getting fed up of having to explain why they couldn't just stick it in an envelope for $6.

In the end he sold the item to me with free postage and apparently that got around it somehow.

15. Michelle

Michelle New Member

You can open a dummy account but would have to use a registered US address to set it up. It will only allow primary US addresses to open one.

16. SA@YPS

SA@YPS New Member

This is the problem. It costs a minimum of $25 (Registered post) in order to send something internationally with a tracking number. If you don't have a tracking number, the buyer just has to say they didn't receive it, and they get a full refund. Seller has zero recourse.

17. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member