ebay question

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by dragafem, Aug 16, 2018.

1. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What info can they get? I thought eBay had closed all info on sellers/buyers now, apart from postal details?

2. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I had a guy buy a coin off me with a zero feedback and weird user name. The item was going to be sent by standard post so I bit the bullet and sent it. A day later a similar situation arose with a different user name, I looked, I thought, that's the same sending address so thought something was up.

I contacted ebay via their chat services about this person and they checked them out. They said that if someone casually drops into ebay without signing in then ebay auto generates a temporary user name. I said then it would be my risk as they are asking for standard post to which they said "it all appears legitimate but if you want to you can choose not sell to this buyer anymore". Over 5 days, I had 3 separate orders with 3 separate user names but the same address. On each occasion I sent the package, took heaps of photos and screenshots as evidence but it all went through without any incident. But I can tell you I was a bit stressed out. Never heard from them again.

66rounds likes this.