Ebay Love/Hate - Economic Pulse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Miloman, May 22, 2014.

1. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi All,

Seems like at least for me as an ebay seller, things are heating back up. Perhaps it was the shock of the budget that slowed things down both on SS and on ebay, looks like on ebay at least it was temporary.

I've put a few thing up on the forum with little interest and have seen others put gold bars at below spot when I know dealers are buying back at spot and sometimes even over. Seems like we stackers have caught a cold. I have been buying and selling as a hobby for sometime and have seen people pass up great deals like the gold 20gram gold bars recently. I have enough to turn over myself as I mainly deal in other items than plain bullion.

Although many sellers, due to the astronomical fees, have abandoned ebay, it does seem like it's a barometer of economic conditions.

The Australian government appears to be doing a great job at widening the class divide by increasing the burden of tax on the middle and lower classes whilst lowering their own burden like capital gains etc. which will actually make the wealthy far far wealthier and it is estimated to cost Australia billions upon billions in lost revenue, far more than they stand to gain by the new budget measures.

Seems like a lot people just sink their money into financing their debt on a house they hope will continue to rise.

Still Australians are bread to be "consumers", I am wondering if the wider economy is responsive in the same way as the ebay microcosm?

2. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

This is the conundrum we are all in at the moment.....WILL Oz RE hold its prices even though 3 car manufacturers are closing their doors soon.....Not to mention the business's that supply to them. I don't know and no one really knows what REAL effects these closures will have on the economy.

AND weather or not Oz RE is as stable as it apparently is???