Eat Australian or suffer the consequences.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by JulieW, May 26, 2012.

1. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here's a tip on how to take the proverbial when using the self-checkouts

They accept cash and they accept part cash part card....... so

unload your 5 cent pieces on 'em

LOL

2. havo

havo Member Silver Stacker

chinese mussels any one?

3. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can tell you that is not true for the product I am involved in. We pack Home Brand, Woolworths brand, Aldi, Black and Gold, and our own premium label brand, and it is all exactly the same product with absolutely no differentiation. Australian grown and manufactured. The only thing different is the packaging - literally change the packaging roll on the packaging machine - the product is identical.

4. TeaPot&ChopSticks

TeaPot&ChopSticks New Member

Facebook page run by passionate south australian media icon Leon Byner.

Puts together information about Australian industry and the foreign purchase by overseas corporations.

At least voice compliant to your local member of parliament - one voice is equal to a thousand.

The biggest thing I can do in times of my purchasing power is buy as much local produce and goods possible, while skipping the monopolies.

Even if some of our pollies are being bought and rented - stand up by speaking out. Do not go out into the night meek and mild. Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions.

https://www.facebook.com/dontsellaustralia

5. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You can add Victoria's Primary producers onto the nation wide list of selling out,getting out and being bought out.
    Frankly knowing a few personally i can totally understand why they choose the aforementioned paths.
    100 year bi partisan food production and water supply plans should be mandatory requirements for any government in office to follow and should be politically free.

When i was a kid in Melbourne Keysborough and Noble Park were fruit and vegetable growing areas, now they are crammed suburbia and have been for some
    time.Bacchus Marsh another food production bowl is quickly heading the same way.
    For an isolated disease free country like Australia loosing control of our food production capabilities seems insane if we want to secure our sovereign rights for the future and not have our knackers squeezed in international trade.

REDBACK