Easiest way to know SELL spot price range for particular date?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by hermespan, Aug 12, 2015.

1. hermespan

hermespan New Member

Whenever I buy Ag in a shop I look up current spot price, ask the dealer what his price per ounce is that particular coin/bar and note that price, the date and time on my receipt. Then I calculate the premium.

However when I get my receipt from online purchases there is no spot listed. So unless I remember to note spot sell at purchase time (especially according to vendor's own, which could vary slightly, usually just pennies) I have to do it after the fact.

Can posters recommend three historic spot price websites that are easy to maneuver and are accurate. Perhaps tgey have carying ti es of day for same dates, or they list the average for the day. Within 50 cents is good enough. Simplicity is better than complete accuracy. Most I see, even Kitco (unless I am blind or smartphone limits) only list price at end of day. Or maybe it is because I am looking at charts.

I also calculate REAL price (after shipping).

Why? So, I know how much I have to sell for in order to break even. One say I will get a book or online inventory, maybe. But for now I just wrap the receipt with my notes in a ziplock with the coins.

Let's take an example here - what was the spot price the evenings of Juiy 18 and 19, 2015 in California? I usually ldon't buy on days with drastic changes in price. So *exact* price is unimportant.

2. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Kitco is good. In the Historical chart section you can see spot on any specific past date per Kitco. I think they are accurate and have used them frequently.

http://www.kitco.com/charts/historicalsilver.html

Jim

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

Often on standard products, online dealers have the same premium on a product for a long time, so you can deduce the spot price at the time of your purchase by subtracting the current premium from the total price you paid.

5. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker