Dragon Dollar

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Stark, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

2. Boyo

Boyo Active Member Silver Stacker

I have liked the Dragon Dollars for quite awhile now...these images are pure joy to my eyes. Have not seen this websiite before and probably would not get heavily into buying them .
    I do have quite a few known fakes(bought on the understanding that they were just that). And also a well worn Hu Peii Province 7 mace and 2 Candareens which has several chopmarks on both sides..chops lend creedence to it being genuine , I understand.

Did check out a few of the coins described on the site and have to say I love the imagination of the collector/dealer. So lyrical :)

This glistening "Circlet-like scales" dragon is a rare breed. The doubled die turned its armour into a chainmail, delicately adorned with pearls. Below the K of Kiangnan Province, a lonely cloud has been struck in silver. The K is an extremely rare variety, especially that well preserved. Most of the known specimen have already been worn down by a century of turmoil.

3. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree with you regarding the "poetic" description of the author. It's much more interesting to (start) reading it. :)

In the past I was following music blog by some guy from US. His writing was superb, really interesting and in long term not much repeating (considering he was writing in for several years). As opposed to most of the other sites.
    I think later apply to many PM sites ("reviews") as well.