DOW down another 225

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by phrenzy, Jan 14, 2015.

1. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Just saw the DOW drop almost 100 points in a few minutes after today's announcements (retail sales and auto sales). Futures down too. Sounds like it's going to very hard for the fed to sell a rate rise after the start to the year equities have had. Doubly so if euro rates drop.

All good news for gold/silver. Even if it's just temporary as people play wait and see but I think things are shaping up better and better for pm.

Given that other commodities dropping (copper? Ouch! ) the aussie is likely to keep dropping as predicted even if the states starts to hurt, so gold and silver in aussie dollars could see better returns.

Glad I didn't get into palladium given the auto sales figures but I still think it's good long term since it's running out. Maybe when it's time to start taking profits on gold and silver it will be time to move into copper and palladium if they stay down.

2. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

Nice strong correlation in the price and the drop in us markets. I think it's looking less and less like new years profit taking all the time.