DOOM & GLOOM...SILVER IS CRASHING...ETC. ETC. ETC.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by GodmadeGold, May 5, 2012.

1. GodmadeGold

GodmadeGold New Member

Let me first say that I am new here on SilverStackers.com and I hope to meet some friends along my journey here. I just wanted to take a minute and address an issue I've seen on the kitco forums lately. I see many people who were praising silver 1 year ago, now acting all DOOM & GLOOM. The same exact people who were saying....SILVER TO THE MOON......are now saying, SILVER IS GOING TO CRASH.

I don't know about everyone else here, but I am confident that over any period of time, whether it be 10 years or 100 years....Gold & Silver will always store your wealth almost to the penny. I just can't fathom how the same people who were so excited about silver just 1 year ago, are now so PRO DOLLAR. I'd love some insight from experienced stackers, as to why people are acting like this. The Fed is ordering the printing presses to continue to run full steam ahead, yet people now have a growing faith in the dollar. I JUST DON'T GET IT...........I REALLY DON'T

GOD BLESS,

C.

2. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Gold, yes.

Silver, not so much.

3. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

Nuff said

4. GodmadeGold

GodmadeGold New Member

In 1950...an ounce of silver was .75 cents
    A loaf of bread was .12 cents, so in 1950 you could exchange an ounce of silver for about 6 loaves of bread.

2012....A loaf of bread ( name brand, top of the line bread ) is around 2.99
    So now I could exchange that same ounce of silver for 10 loaves of bread

So, I'd say that silver also stores wealth...Although you might have stretches of time that looks grim...Silver always reaches a point where you can get exchange it for an equal amount of wealth, that you had many many years before.

5. GodmadeGold

GodmadeGold New Member

Even if you say that silver isn't truly worth 30 dollars an ounce and a more realistic price is....let's say 20 bucks an ounce. I could still buy 6 loaves of bread 63 years later. So while I truly respect your opinion, I have to disagree in saying silver doesn't store wealth.

6. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Shake the tree and get rid of low hanging fruit is an expression that is often used in financial markets to get rid of small time investors.

Hang on in there silver will always be a player well into the future. I don't think the same could be said about fiat money!

Regards Errol 43

7. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Im personally not a great fan of silver and believe it still has a fair bit more to fall possibly below $20 again but when the big price correction occurs i will be one of the first in there buying.

I find it's best not to get to emotional about investments. I think there's too many people who believe silver is the be all and end all i'm sure people have said this before here but diversification is really important.

8. GodmadeGold

GodmadeGold New Member

I think sooner rather than later, possibly after a price drop...Silver will be at a fair price....possibly in the 40 to 50 range.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

FLIP FLOPPERS :lol:

Shaken off the bull so easily it's laughable.

10. shilly20

shilly20 Member

11. GodmadeGold

GodmadeGold New Member

Shilly20, I appreciate that video! I just purchased 60 silver eagles and will be buying 60 more this week coming up. Right now, I am sitting on 3,219 ounces ( ALL ASE's )

12. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Gold probably will go down in a coming crash,then it will go up more.
    It's sensible to sell some now,if you believe this,and to buy then,no?
    Doesn't mean you give up on gold.Nothing goes up in a straight line always.

Silver is more volatile and so more doubtful.Might still be a good buy if it goes down sharply.People who sell now and buy near the bottom ,might end up with 50% more silver.Might keep down though initially,and maybe stay down.
    This all takes guts.You find out when the bombs start falling.Work out what you will do now , because when the bombs start ,you might forget to think.
    It's because I lack guts that I prefer gold .It's safer.
    Just my thoughts.
    Things are too fluid and there are far too many factors to be sure of the future.
    Gold is a better bet investment than RE,currencies and bank accounts.

13. GodmadeGold

GodmadeGold New Member

While I agree Gold is probably a safer investment..........Silver isn't far behind..........Just my 2 cents

14. Guest

Guest Guest

With its historical and natural ratio being around 15:1, I say that silver is clearly the better investment at the current time.

That being said of course those who are gold heavy will say that gold is better investment and visa versa with silver heavy people.

Both will do good. Time will tell which will be better!

15. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

Wow GMG it would be awesome to see a video of your stack.3219 ozs comes up to about 6 monster boxes.Are you the same guy who made a u tube video about using SAEs to carpet his apartment floors?

16. GodmadeGold

GodmadeGold New Member

I had several videos on youtube several months back....I'd say around 8 months ago, and in my videos I was pushing the purchase of silver, I showed my stacks, I dogged the dollar, etc. etc. etc.

Well, all of a sudden I try to log in and I get a message from youtube saying I violated their terms of service. They closed my account =)

Big brother...Gotta love him.....=)

But I will certainly make a video showing my stacks for you.... Looks like it's time to make a new youtube account lololol

17. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For clarity. Bread in 1950 was wholesome, nutritious and sustainable.

The bread you quote at $2.99 is, without being nasty, effectively filled with hollow nutrition. Comparable bread to the 1950's is considerably more in price, at circa $8-9 per loaf.

18. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

This is simply not true.

All you need to do is look at a chart from 1980 to 2000 and that statement is blown to shreds.

19. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

My memories of bread in the mid 50's was white (refined white flour) and crusty.
    Very similar to the bread being sold in small bread shops/bakeries today.

20. Vic_Bitter

Vic_Bitter New Member

Silver price is manipulated and volatile so it's very easy to scare beginner silver investors.
    Silver price will one day correct when industry can't take physical delivery of their silver =)