Does such a storage facility exist?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Dabloodymess, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Now, a bit of a weird question I cant find an answer to.

Is there a bullion storage facility that will accept deliveries on your behalf and add them to your lock box.... and obviously then provide some kind of quarterly audit of your holdings so you have some peace of mind that what you have ordered is actually there?

Now I know individual bullion companies offer allocated storage solutions, and there is services such as Perth Mint allocated etc.

But I see these as limiting.... By being tied to a single dealer/mint you can only purchase from their range at their price.

Ideally I am envisaging a safety deposit box provider that will accept deliveries from a range of dealers on ones behalf... this gives more options for shopping around for a best price. For example you could buy from APMEX one month, a forum sponsor the next, Perth Mint the month after and have it all delivered direct to your secure storage who will accept the delivery on your behalf and add it to the pile. I hope I have been able to explain myself properly........

Dont bother with the old 'if you dont hold it you dont own it' mantra... I am aware... this is not something I am personally considering.

Any input would be great, Cheers.

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Goldstackers as an option? GP?

3. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Guardian Vaults can do that.

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Not at this time.

I would check the GV option - they can certainly accept a delivery on your behalf, but I don't believe they can transfer it into your own box (they are double keyed). There is a fee for the delivery acceptance service. Pretty sure you need to attend in person after delivery to place it into your own box.

5. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Thats the impression I got from reading their site as well GP... I might be wrong though. Once I have a proper list of questions to ask them I will just make a call and see what they have to say on the matter.