Does anyone really know whats going to happen?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by show-me-the-metal, Jan 18, 2011.

1. show-me-the-metal

show-me-the-metal New Member

I have been in the silver game for 6 months know and have read so many things about it I have come to the conclusion that I don't think anyone can truly predict what will happen to the price of silver. When we hit 31 a few weeks ago many people started saying it is going to take off. Now it goes the other way a few bucks and i see people saying it will go down to late teens. It's like when the aussie dollar buys US 98 cents the experts in the press say it wont be long till it is buying US$1.10. Then within a week it is below parity again. Big wigs in the pm industry keep changing there predictions to suit the price developments at the present time.

Is there anyone here who knows anybody who has made a string of predictions on pm's which have actually come true?

Who do you read for good unbiased information?

I got so exited by the hype around last november I even guesses $40 by xmas.

The above is written about the professional sites that believe they can predict pm prices.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The only thing predictable about the silver market is that it's unpredictable.

When you've been in the game long enough, you don't see spot moving as much as you see your stack growing.

Considering I have no debt or leverage against my modest stack, I am in no hurry to see any return on it either.

3. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We won't see much until the true market forces are left to decide the price for Gold and Silver.

What this means is that the Comex, LBMA, HSBC and JP Morgan need to default and stop interfering with the price.

Also the other part of the is if and when the Euro and US Dollar collapses.

These are the 2 things that will send the price to the moon. I am eagerly awaiting for it to happen.

Slam

4. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I like Cyclist at the Kitco Forum.
    Not alway right but often so.
    Picks it better than me.
    How can anyone know the future exactly,especially in these times.

5. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Hi show-me-the-metal, by reading many books about Gold, Central Banking, Economy, monetary history myself. The current manipulation is another series of Twilight Episode. Short terms prediction is never going to be accurate. Can anyone predict the flood in queensland. It will affect the AUD and in turn affects the price of PM in the short term. I basically don't care about what the shadow banks are doing now, i am happy the silver price goes either way. It is because in the long term, or NOT SO NEAR FUTURE, u will never regret what you are doing.

Free market always beat manipulation. Imagine what are you going to manipulate if the metal doesnt exist anymore for investment.

6. show-me-the-metal

Thanks for the quick replies. I am here for the long term. Say 10 years for the first sell off then 20 years for stage 2. I was about to buy 30K worth of pamp bars but now I am reading articles that i should wait till the end of feb. What happens then?

7. show-me-the-metal

Make it gold and you have a deal.

8. bennybbc

bennybbc Member Silver Stacker

My 2 cents - I would say it depends on how much the 30k is in relation to what you plan on spending. If you're going to throw another 120k in, buy your 30 odd kgs now to lock in base line. That may only end up 10% of your holding if the price tanks. If 30k is the total you want to spend this year mite pay to do it in stages. In 6 months we'll all have 20/20 hindsight!

9. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

Also i have an intelligent guess peg directly to make you feel comfortable. Look at the experts like Peter Scriff, Mike Maloney and David Morgan, their age. If they were at their 50s and PM takes another 20 years to take off to the true values, they won't be talking about it. Because there is not much point talking about it without enjoying the fruit of their investments. Conservative say within 5 years we will reach a "PRICE" we are all willing to see. However the economy at that stage will not be what everyone here like to see.

10. bennybbc

bennybbc Member Silver Stacker

Ummm... The second one! That's a good point but I still work the %'s. You can never pick the exact top and bottom, just have to keep working the %'s

11. chimpanchu

chimpanchu New Member

Pull back is normal in any bullmarket, especially after doubling in price!