Dodgy... or understandable? I'm undecided, help me out.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by ThisIsJoe, Aug 9, 2011.

1. ThisIsJoe

ThisIsJoe Active Member Silver Stacker

Saw a GREAT deal (below spot) on 1966'ers last night on a QLD based dealers website. It said to call to discuss possible bulk discount depending on how many one wished to purchase. Too late to call so waited till this morning. Called the number on the website, no answer the first time. Called again 30min later and got a muted "hello", no mention of company name, etc. Asked if it was "x" dealer that I had reached and the young gentlemen said yes (seemed frazzled). I mentioned the price on the website and the fact that I'm calling about possible discount or bulk purchase. Seemed like he wanted to get rid of me quick smart. He said he doesn't know how many they have left as apparently they've had some large orders and he needs to process them all (he also said a higher price than is on the website). I pressed him (in a polite manner), saying I'm happy to hear back from him today once he finds out how many 66'ers are left. He told me to fill in the contact form on the website and that he'll get back to me. I asked when I'd hear from him, he said tomorrow.

I trust that its a legit company, there's no issues there. But I think they're trying to stall.

Thoughts?

PS I've gone ahead and ordered via their website, giving CC details, etc for the cheap price mentioned. Have received a confirmation email, all that jazz. My gut tells me I'll receive an email or phone call saying they can't honour the price due to whatever reason.