Do we all wear silver foil hats?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Jun 23, 2011.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Chemtrail threads belong on Kitco ;)

2. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

But we can't let the Canadians have all the fun :p

I guess this means you're not gonna believe the Strawman theory :/

That's one of my favs :)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

TO DA MOON!

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. 6adam7

6adam7 Member

Gees Hennypenny, i'd hardly compare stacking to being a member of a cult..

and as for "sheeple", well there are plenty of them in every walk of life, be it fashion, music, politics, sport, and on it goes...

From my point of view, if government becomes involved in any way, then Im sceptical. two subjects that spring to mind because of your quote would be climate change and evolution. I have no problems with either actually, but when others, scientists of whatever with alternate views who also bring valid research to the table are immediately labelled as crackpot or fringe, then Im sceptical...

6. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Hello,

My 2 cents:

There are not a lot of stackers out there. Gather all our stacker community internationally and every single gold/silver hoarder out there and divide over the global population of 7.9 Billion. We are a mini ... no ... micro ... no ... nano community.

And the fact that investing in gold or silver is not highly advertised and it is not that accessible to everyone. From developing countries (where cash is aplenty), it is hard to invest because there is a lot of scam and uncertainty. And normally interest rate is so high from saving that precious metal investment almost seems ridiculous.

From developed countries, not many of us have spare change to really invest. Most of our money goes into mortgage, credit card bill, car repayments, health insurance, bills, education, holidays etc. Some of you guys here are high income earners and have a lot of spare change, but you guys are an extreme minority (in comparison to global population).

And lastly, economy. Fiat works well because sometimes government needs to finance projects/borrow money. If it is gold/silver hedged, then it is hard to finance huge projects because you need to guarantee the supply of metal first before you can dispense any cash (logistics and time and availability limits this). With fiat, they can just (in a layman bloke term) use their credibility to issue a promise to pay in the future. The fiat is backed by the trust in the government (assets and everything else into account). Hence they can finance projects or whatever they wanna do immediately.

Humans usually will work only if we get paid a sum of value (unless we choose otherwise voluntarily). Hence fiat exists due to economical requirements that derived somewhat from human psychology. Imagine starting a war and waiting for gold delivery before you can pay anything, and the mines are slow (no money no honey). It just doesn't really work for a lot of situations.

Anyway, that's my theory.

Please criticize if you disagree and enlighten me I am always open to better understanding.