Discovery Shark Week 1 oz Silver Bullion Round

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by SilverTorch66, Sep 21, 2016.

1. SilverTorch66

SilverTorch66 New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAZ00hY7XfQ[/youtube]

SilverTorch66 presents: Discovery Shark Week 1 oz Silver Bullion Round (This story and the remainder of this video is to commemorate the 100year anniversary of the Jersey Shore shark attacks of 1916) This Silver Bullion Information Video Series presents a new silver bullion coin, round or bar each week with its history, facts and my opinions. I realized that I was buying silver and really didn't know that much about it. The information is there on the bullion dealers page and all over the internet but you have to stop and read it! I rarely took the time to read the history and background on all this silver bullion I already own. When I did take the time, I was amazed at some of the stories that are attached to these coins, rounds and bars. So much history and culture is depicted in all the bullion we stack. So, I thought I would put together this video series to present these interesting stories and facts about the bullion in our stacks or want stack in the future. I hope you enjoy!

The obverse has the head and torso of an adult bull shark in a satin finish on top of a proof like background, above is the inscription Shark Week, above that is a wavy water surface representation and below the year 2016
    The reverse has the tail of the shark in satin finish with a proof-like background with the Discovery Channel logo above, above that is once again a wavy water surface representation and along the left edge you will find 1 oz .999 Fine Silver inscribed
    It's a BU grade round produced in the united states
    Its Composition is three 9's pure silver
    Coin Weight: 31.1 Grams - g
    And its 39mm in diameter

Jersey Shore shark attacks of 1916

Bull sharks were blamed for a series of five attacks in New Jearsey known as the Jersey Shore shark attacks of 1916 which served inspiration for Peter Benchley's book Jaws, which Steven Speilburg turned into a blockbuster movie in 1975.

If you like this video, stop by my SilverTorch66 Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4loxe3LNOK_Wm5P3F8qRHg and check out my other content.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!