Disappointing of Gods of Olympus Zeus 2014 2oz _Scratches

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by honson, Apr 6, 2014.

1. honson

honson New Member

Hi, I received this coin on today and really disappointing. The QE II side appear some scratches line (please see the attached image). I am wondering of Perth Mint decision that no packing protection for the coin is a serious mistakes. No matter what kind of technical they are using for antiquing, they cannot avoid any scratches during polishing or coin loose during transportation. If they can do some protection like packing in a protection bag, it should be the choice for the user either they can keep the protection packing or take it out. Right?

I really like this coin and I believe Perth Mint can assist the collector to fix the problem. Any comment/suggestion of my case?

[​IMG]

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Contact the Perth Mint - I believe the scratches are part of a deliberate "distressed" antique look that they were trying to achieve - the dealer samples I was shown by the mint had the same scratching present.

Might be a deliberate feature that is backfiring in terms of customer acceptance though, there's a similar thread elsewhere on here about the finish of these coins.