Digital Currency

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Boyscout, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Boyscout

Boyscout Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi Guys

I am really new to Digital Currency and consider myself a total noob on the subject

What i am looking for is some advice from my fellow SS members who do purchase, hold or trade digital currency

I am looking at trying my hand at a couple to spread the risk, Bitcoin, Ethereum or Litecoin as these are the 3 i keep hearing about

I think i have missed the boat for most of the insane returns that people have achieved but my goal would be to buy hold and sell for 1 x Squillion dollars (once if ever it got there)

Currently looking to outlay a modest amount say $2K, hold and add along the way but i dont know what i should be looking at. Bitcoin wouldnt buy me much but may or may not be better than 1 all these other currencies available

Also who from and how should i be buying in Oz?

Thank you in advance to anybody who can steer me in the right direction

2. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

If I Was You i(IIWY) would hold be waiting to buy into Eth and Bitcoin at the moment and wait for a pullback.
    IIWY i would be looking at litecoin as it is the cheapest and you can use that to trade in and out of other cryptos while you get the hang of it.
    I am sure there will get shot down for this .
    2k is only gona get you .5 bitcoin and while i have ever hope that it will go much much higher i also think it will come down plenty as well.
    The reason i would buy lite in the mean time is being new you do not want the psychological impact of a potential large loss % wise while you learn.
    I would not be putting in 2k until i had my head around how things work either.

Boyscout likes this.
  3. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

First big decision is how you are going to store your coins. For the ones your looking at and your amount to invest I would highly recommend one of these :-

www.keepkey.com

I'd also suggest one of the easiest and safest places to buy with AUD is :-

www.btcmarkets.net

You can buy all 3 there.

The other coin I'd suggest you look at is bitshares BTS. You'll need to download a client to your PC but I am thinking it could be a sleeping giant. Get maybe $100 worth and check out the features. It's impressive.

Lunardragon and Boyscout like this.
  4. silverbait

silverbait Active Member Silver Stacker

What do you think buying a coin on coinspot?
    Is it realtively easy for 1st time trader *me to open wallet in keepkey and buy coins and transfer them there...
    Also what guarantee do we have to keep coins in keepkey?

Thanks in advance!