Dealers who dont deliver

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Razz, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Razz

Razz Member

The last months i ordered some coins in the presale by different dealers i payed right away
    weeks go by and then when the coins are there (or not) the dealers send a message they dont have them or they are dammaged .
    then the question follows if i want some other coins no is my answer and then they send the money back
    they have my money for weeks and then they dont deliver is this common is this legal its very frustrating
    if i order i cant cancel but they do what they want . absurd situation

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

simple solution, don't do business with them any more. their time is ticking. they'll be out of business with this business process.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No surprises there. You can never tell if they really have the coins or not. They could simply use your money to buy the coins, and when they have it, sell it to someone else cos suddenly the price increased in the secondary market.

Which is why I hardly but any coins that are pre-sale. Just goes against my idea of what a sound business is. It would be different if they asked u for a deposit to secure your order, but usually dealers ask for the entire amount.

4. toblov

toblov New Member

Remember that spot can also rise after you have pro-ordered the coins. So it can be positive for you as well.

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

There's nothing illegal about a dealer receiving damaged coins from the supplier or mint and not wanting to send them to their customers.

There's nothing illegal about a dealer not receiving coins from the supplier / mint in the expected time frame they were told or anticipated.

If you don't like your money held for a period of time, then don't buy pre-sale coins....it's really that simple.

6. Razz

Razz Member

It only happens occasionaly ist not standard most dealers do a fine job .

7. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

What country are you in?
    Most dealers in Australia have clauses in their purchase agreements that vary dealer to dealer, however consumer laws trump. I would suggest talking to them first and if no outcome can be reached would look at consumer law.

8. Razz

Razz Member

U should write the good answer There's nothing illegal about a dealer receiving coins from the supplier /and then they dont deliver that was the case
    the damaged coin was indeed the premium up by 30% and nobody else received 1 damaged coin what a coincidence

9. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Stories like this is why I never have and never will buy any PM's online or through the mail. I walk in to the coin store with my money and walk out with my money (albeit a different, more historically accurate version of it). :)

Jim

10. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

There's nothing illegal about not delivering so long as you get a full refund...could be many reasons why.

The best thing for you to do is try to find out why. That simple.

If you don't like the answer, then don't shop with that dealer....very simple.

I understand that it's frustrating to pre-order and then you don't get your coin in the time frame anticipated. There's no such a thing as a guaranteed delivery date when pre-ordering....not that I'm aware of.

There are a lot bigger problems to deal with regarding sellers of coins than this. If you went through half of the shit I went through over the past couple of years, you'd long ago have gone out of your mind I think. What you are dealing with here seems like no big deal to me compared to what I've dealt with.

Anyway, you are fortunate to have gotten your money back.

My advice to you....don't ever buy on pre-order.

11. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Written like someone who lives in a state that does not have a sales tax on pms.

12. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

That is correct. I am lucky in that respect and have good local dealers that I buy from.

Jim

13. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Sometimes it's legit reasons -- other times, BS excuses.

Figure out which you want to believe on a case-by-case basis, and act accordingly..

14. jcz1

jcz1 Member

Would you please tell us which coin was "damaged" (I think I know).

15. Sully

Sully Member

I think i know too. The one i'm thinking of (i got a similar notification to choose something else, or a refund) acquired a lot of interest and extra premium in the period between initial pre-order and eventual availability.
    On the plus side, after arguing my case, my order was honoured in full.

16. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

Depending from in which country you live in. To answer your question is this common ? From past experience yes. As for is it legal ? That may also depend on a countries or states consumer laws. It has also been noted that prominent Australian Dealers have been doing do pre-orders on Ebay ( Ebay must comply to US laws, as Ebay seem to be a law unto themselves in Australia ). However, if you read the feedback on not receiving goods after payment, this puts most buyers off. Usually in Australia it's common practice to put a deposit on goods that needs to be ordered. That way if the buyer decides not to pay, at least the seller can cover their losses ( which is fair ). Taking full payment on goods without any definite time line of receiving it is a bit rich. It's the perfect business model ! They hold your money while you wait indefinitely. If only all business operators could do this ! That's why the ACCC frown on such behaviour. It's good that some Aussie dealers simply don't do pre-orders full stop, as their websites won't allow a purchase to go through. What they have listed online is in stock. This is what most good online business operators do. As for those who don't, for me it's a sign of liquidity issues, as well heeled operators have enough reddies to purchase their own stock. Bottom line....Don't get pre-orders. I don't ! Saves a lot of headaches...

17. Razz

Razz Member

It was with 2 different orders silver 10 x1 libertad 2015 proof price 30 euro a piece when i bought them and with 3 x2 oz libertad proof 2015 with another dealer
    both i didnt get in the end no proofs for me this year

18. ninteno

ninteno Member

Do some here talk about "ammointe evolution of life" ?

19. Sully

Sully Member

Good guess. Yes, that was the one i had difficulty with.
    But as i said, eventually after some back and forth, order was satisfied.
    It certainly opened my eyes to the pitfalls of pre-order and paying far in advance.
    I will be avoiding this practice now.

20. MasterID

MasterID Member

If seller request buyer to wait indefinitely, what recourse does a consumer has for non-deliveries?