Damn it, why won't it go to the moon already

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lunartic, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Lunartic

Lunartic Member Silver Stacker

I couldn't be bothered with silver, so took a break for 10 months, closed my eyes and hoped for the best.

Disappointed to see silver hasn't reached the moon yet :/

I need my 100oz's to do something

2. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

well, to be honest I'm not ready for the ride ... need some 1000 oz more, so the lower silver goes the better for me )
    unfortunately it's going to be shortlived.

3. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I bought silver as exit plan for a bank account and new longterm saving method.
    I hold enough euro's to cover near future costs, the rest goes to silver everytime I see my target price or lower.
    I don't really miss moons.
    Moon stories are for people that want profit. I'm not amongst them. If I in the future can by the same as I can buy now, or a lower loss than a bank account have been, then it's okay for me.
    Screw moons.

4. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

when someone big want to buy, the price will bow really low to meet that demanding someone buyer,

so need to wait for that someone to be selling, the price will extend just like a giraffe neck to bite that sell price.

:lol:

5. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

Still stuck on a set in Arizona right now.Will it go to the moon soon? who knows...

6. Dellers

Dellers Member Silver Stacker

If you've fallen out of love, you could always cash out and try something else more volatile. Depends on why you stack I guess.

7. Lunartic

Lunartic Member Silver Stacker

Yeah I agree I've fallen out of love with silver but TBH I bought into it really as a hedge for SHTF type scenario where I want/need to be prepared for me and my family.

I'm only 'complaining' because I'm a weak hand I guess

8. silvertail_joe

silvertail_joe New Member

Buying 23 eagles Sunday, so I'm definitely happy with the drop in price! Although paying more than I generally would like but they all are straight from the mint in individual cases, supposedly they are better than usual, but since I'm new to this, wouldn't care as long as they are real!

9. Neways

Neways New Member

Why do you invest in physical silver and expect a launch within 10 months? If you're interested in short term gains, change your physical into ETF's and play around with that. Physical pm's are not necessarily 'gainers' so much, maybe over longer periods ... tens of years.

The value of metals don't change so much, the price does due to investor's demand, inflation and depreciation of a currency. So, hypothetically speaking, when the price of silver is nearing the ceiling, how much 'more' will the cash derived from it buy you?

Remember the saying:
    Throughout history an ounce of gold would buy you a nice suit. Today, an ounce of gold is around $1650 ... indeed still the price of a nice suit. (Same value, different price).

Stack silver with a passion, see it as protection against depreciation and inflation over long periods of time and just enjoy that shiny stuff in your possession. ETF's allow you to quickly sell at peaks and buy at lows, those are repeated smaller gains.

Also, if you do decide to stay in:
    Silver tends to go up like stairs with wide slanted steps. Every new step up is a slight increasing trend, then an aggressive spike up after which the next step falls slightly below the previous step to then repeat itself. In this case these steps are not a matter of 25 to 35 cm steps, but 1.5 to 2.5 year steps. At least since 2002.

We just recovered from quite a dramatic spike in 2011 and are setting up for a new step, which again, starts lower but should start creeping up soon. Do us stackers a favour and stay with it! You might be pleasantly surprised.

10. Dellers

Dellers Member Silver Stacker

Lol that's not a bad reason to stack , and who's to know exactly if or when shtf.

11. Pirocco

Since the futures market side - big players present - finally started to dump positions recently, the most likely scenario for what is next, is a series spikedowns each one followed by a partly recovery.
    Because that is how such big players with lotsa 5000 ounce contracts max the free dollars they chew out the market of the underlying.
    If they would dump it all in one go, they would give others no chance to make the error to pay the inbetween still higher price levels.
    So they dump some thousands positions, wait alittle so that their victims can think it's a bottom and buy the price back up.
    Then they dump again some thousands positions.
    And so on.
    I think I'm gonna wait to add silver to the stack until they finished.

12. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey that is JP Morgan's plan sell sell and sell short. I think that SS are under some misconception that JP Morgan or other banks care if it costs $1Bill or $2Bill to crash silver. They don't care it's small potatoes and there is more fresh cash from the Fed. They will never be finished! When other markets crack like the bonds or rising rates then it's over. The Ag price means nothing to them. The bond market that is a different story....

Also if you buy physical - there is no error. If you pay $32 or $30 or $35 what importance is that to you. Do I care if I paid $300 or $210 or $250 for my 1oz gold KR 10 years ago. It has no meaning today....

13. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LMAO

14. Pirocco

JP Morgan?
    All JP Morgan does in this story, is wiping the corresponding short positions of their former customers' long positions.
    So who would you 'blame' (if I can use that word) then for a price drop?
    It's not JP Morgan telling those with long positions to dump them.
    Just like it's not your dealer that ordered you to sell the silver that you previously bought from him, back to him.
    What else would you suggest to happen?
    That JP Morgan and the Comex market runners keeps the short positions? With no counterparty left?
    How can you have a contract with only one side?

And about your 'I dont care about $price today', please go ahead.
    You will make some people happy, but you won't be among them.
    Every price dollar matters.
    For a simple reason, it's not like silver is the only product of which price is going up with inflation.

15. Eruaran

Eruaran Member

This is a bear trap. I think those who get shaken out of the tree and exit now will end up regretting it later.

16. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree but it depends on where you start? I would argue that many commodities are fair priced or overpriced. Silver was ridiculously under-priced at $4-5 10 years ago. It is still under-priced as is gold and platinum (the most under-priced in my opinion) . We have all seen the calculations based on inflation of other commodities and the Ag price is $60+ while gold is $2500. This does not take into account trying to match dollars printed with gold and silver.
    I dont agree that there are many equally undervalued commodities competing with Ag and Au and Pt.

17. Greenman

Greenman Member Silver Stacker

When does the market normally pick up from its quiet Christmas period?

18. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Now :) lol

19. Pirocco

That is also possible. The best trading behaviour is to pick out moments with least paperplayers reflected in the price, buy concentrated there, and hold. Some first pay too much, then sell for too less. Today I saw someone on a local auction site, from who I bought quite some junk earlier this year. I paid 800 euro per kilo silver, and I see him now bidding 870 euro on junk of lower purity (835 instead of 900) and 70 years less old.
    Sometimes just doing nothing is better than doing anything.

20. Pirocco

I take the market like it is. Because it's what we have to take, if we like it or not. It won't help saying a dealer that he should offer more than the market price for your silver. I think that's obvious. The price doesn't origin from your opinion alone. It origins from all.

Your last sentence is abit unclear to me.
    Silver price tripled since 2008. Gold price more than doubled. The prices of the stuff we need and use gold/silver as inbetween step to, increased much less.
    Since the price tripling was due to 'investment', it means that it's for hedging against inflation. The corresponding inflation is not yet there, but gold/silver prices already reflect them hedge-wise.
    So paying even more for gold/silver than todays prices, could be as stupid as paying already $30 an ounce silver in 2000, anticipating on the QE's from 2008 onwards. About any other existing product (finished production improvements phase) would have done 'better' than silver over the period.
    Why do you think we see those profitgrabs? Straightforward answer: it's profit in terms of purchasing power. PM's rose, but other prices didnt, so the more PM's rise further, the bigger the profit that is waving to be taken. Look at all the high red candlesticks. Feel free to organize a meeting for all those that think about grabbing the profit, to convince them to not sell. Good luck.