Crypto-currency subforum

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by rbaggio, Apr 3, 2013.

1. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Just saying, might be a good idea.

The panda subforum was a great idea and brought in a whole bunch of great new faces, maybe this will too?

2. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Might be a good idea ... LTC just passed $5 heading up!

3. Abossy

Abossy Active Member Silver Stacker

What's a good resource for learning about LTC? Can they actually be used anywhere or just riding the wave of BTC

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I already collect community currencies, alternative currencies and complimentary currencies, as well as other forms of scrip. Do you just want a digital currency forum or is any non legal tender/barter system acceptable?

It will get pretty boring if it is just bitcoin.

5. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I'm going to throw a coin into this discussion as well, if I may?

I understand fully (being of the same mindset myself) that folks in these parts are keen to diversify out of fiat currencies into other things that will help them preserve their wealth, or increase it.

We do have, as a result, quite a number of sub forums already concerning various other investments, superannuation, stocks & derivatives etc. Personally, these tend to get little attention from me, because I frequent these forums to keep up to date with news and information on precious metals (the site did begin with that in mind, and still does an excellent job of keeping a good stacker community fed with information, news, and opportunities to trade).

I wonder whether, though, we might be getting a bit too diversified ourselves? On one hand, stackers will probably want to discuss crypto-currencies, and segregating that discussion might not be a bad idea from the point of view of finding information and keeping up to date.

I would think, though, that folks heavily into crypto currencies would use already existing discussion forums as their primary source of information (bitcointalk for example), so I'm not terribly sure that the presence of a dedicated sub forum would actually attract many people?

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can't see the forum being diluted much by having extra threads. I can't imagine that it would bring many newcomers to the site but it might be useful for the people already here.