Could the BIS be sending a message?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Audeamus, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Audeamus

Audeamus Member

I have always felt that this whole game will come to an end when they decide it's time!

2. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Central bankers are basically glorified loan sharks.

They artificially lower the interest rate and encourage everyone to get in and borrow money at low rates. So people borrow at the low rates, start projects, buy houses etc and then when they have got a whole lot of people in debt they hike the interest rate to "cool off" an "overheating economy" and thereby bankrupt a whole lot of people, destroy jobs and cause a bust. Th boom/bust cycle is a result of them putting interest rates too low and then having to raise them later because, shock of shocks, people take on too much debt when interest rates are too low.

Then when they cause a debt crisis they freak out and quickly lower them back down again.

They are frauds and they are the ones who should be run out of town on pitchforks. But instead we'll probably hand over another 900 billion to them and their cronies and then wonder where all our money went.

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I think hawkeye is pretty right here......The banks have been booming/busting for centuries and this time is the mother of all busts coming not to far away.....Unless they increase QE again lol!

4. Audeamus

Audeamus Member

Yeah, I agree. Time for the central banks to convert their paper into something real.

5. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Was reading similar content the other week. I mean. Interest rates in th US. Come on! Easy to see where this will end up & it ain't good....

6. Audeamus

Audeamus Member

There is always a lot of noise around, but this article from the BIS really got my attention. I mean this is the central bank of central banks basically telling us it going to turn pear shape.

7. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

I know I read just the other week that the ECB has threatened to begin charging their subsidiary banks to park money with them. Effectively forcing them to spend, supposedly in an effort to infuse the floundering economy with money & prevent idle money habits?

Of course we full know where this money will end up = stocks!

Imo its the banker habits that need to be broken, not just the CB's being run out of town. Yes they are the root cause but predictable, greedy banker habits only further the disease....

8. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Hmmm, not really sure what you are getting at here. Can you tell me what a "greedy banker" is? Is everyone who works at the bank by definition "greedy bankers"?

9. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Not from newspapers / television / internet, seen with own eyes: since earlier this year, the houses for sale / rent pop up everywhere. Seen that before, but this time much more. It's like the house market is flirting with a collapse. Prices didn't drop, but houses don't get sold anymore in months like before, alot even not in a year. I also noticed before that when such situations arise, the EU central bank drops the intrest rate, and apparently the for sales suddenly get overtaped with 'sold'. Some weeks ago there was such intrest rate drop, but so far, no such reaction.
    Yet, everywhere they build new houses. While existing don' get sold. It's a weird contradiction. Like something is not right.
    To me, it appears as almost certain that a next serious crisis is closing in. No matter whether orchestrated or not. Stocks record high after record high. A continued series of company bankruptcies and job losses. Not as bad (every new month setting a new record high) as 2012-2013, still, it's like everything is running towards another concerns-bringing phase, where alot people are supposed to make bad decisions to end up losing.
    Maybe the reason why the hedgers recently increased their hedge in a remarkable degree. It's like they know something is lomig, and opened their mouths to catch the yields of the concerns. :p

10. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Yes, I have noticed interest has grown among these financial institutes for gold miners & to some degree miners in general. Is this simply hedging or do they know/believe something's afloat?

No. Specifically who runs them. I guess I speak of CB's moreso but isn't the money lent them meant to flow into the economy, rather than straight into the SM?

11. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

" Could the BIS be sending a message?"

Check my signature.

(the writings are on the wall)

12. Audeamus

Audeamus Member

Your signature pretty much sums up my view Valuecreator. At Least they will be able to live with themselves in knowing they "told us so"....

Similarly, I hold Gold/Silver as part of my assets for much the same reason. If the central banks of the world see fit to keep a little of this so called out dated relic, then so will I.

Do as they do....

13. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I've often wondered about the reality of this - witness the propaganda put forth by Hollywood and its undertones.

The old faker Lindsey Williams swears that they have this 'code' and of course there's the illuminati satan worship superbowl entertainments! However, despite a lot of Hollywood pointers, no alien invasions yet! Though I saw a snippet of a series where a 'middle eastern' fellow was ashamed of his 'marrak' name and changed it to 'Barry'!

Any examples to point toward valuecreator?